Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Fever Just Left!
Sunchimes 08:49 AM 06-02-2012
On Wednesday afternoon, my21 month dcg was really lethargic after her nap. She had a good snack, but when we went outside to play, she got on the porch and leaned against me-no playing at all. When we came inside after about 20 minutes, and she got a book and got in my lap. We sat and rocked for about 45 minutes. (She was my only child that day). She felt a bit warm but after awhile, she was warm enough that I got out the ear thermometer. It was 100.8. I took it several times over the next half hour, and it remained in that same general range.

This baby has a history of spiking fevers in a hurry, and she's had RSV/pneumonia twice in the last 3 months, so I called her mom. It was just an hour before pick up, so I wasn't asking her to pick up, I just wanted her to know something was up. She decided to have her boyfriend pick up immediately and she took off work and went home.

I closed Thurs/Fri because of my husband's surgery, but I called to check on her from the hospital. She said that when she got home, dcg was running around playing. She said she felt a bit warm, but there was no fever.

She was suppose to be back today, but I got a text late last night to say she wouldn't be here today. Wonder if I just lost a kid? I'm glad she's ok, but I sure don't want to lose her. I still don't think I over-reacted. Twice she's left here with a slight fever and been in the ER within 3 hours. I saved the settings on the thermometer to show mom so she doesn't think I made it up.
SilverSabre25 08:32 PM 06-02-2012
I would think that more likely, she spiked a fever and that's why she wasn't going to be coming today.
cheerfuldom 08:58 PM 06-02-2012
I guess wait it out....but the mom should have said why they werent coming. Probably little one is actually sick and hopefully they are not pulling her. You did the right thing though in notifying mom. Its not like you insisted on pickup.
Tags:fever, fever - policy
Reply Up