Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Hate The Dentist. Vent.
CedarCreek 03:51 PM 07-17-2013
Ugh.

I had to go today and have 3 crowns redone that were botched the first time. (I worked for her and she treated her employees teeth horribly) I hate everything about it. The injections, holding your mouth open, being numb, near drowning, the sounds..blech.

I am currently hiding in my room while dh hands kids out to parents.

My face looks crazy. It hurts in some places and is numb in others. And I was the new assistants Guinea pig and she dropped material in the back of my throat.

Sorry, had to vent!
Brooksie 04:22 PM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Ugh.

I had to go today and have 3 crowns redone that were botched the first time. (I worked for her and she treated her employees teeth horribly) I hate everything about it. The injections, holding your mouth open, being numb, near drowning, the sounds..blech.

I am currently hiding in my room while dh hands kids out to parents.

My face looks crazy. It hurts in some places and is numb in others. And I was the new assistants Guinea pig and she dropped material in the back of my throat.

Sorry, had to vent!
Oh man, that sucks I don't envy you. I'm definitely not a fan of the dentist either. I had a really bad dentist that sent me away to someone else for a root canal on a baby tooth that never fell out (no adult tooth behind it) and when I went back to him for my crown, the first one he put in was SOOOO not the right size or shape and was very painful. That one chipped less than a week later. Had to go BACK in for temporary crown and then back AGAIN shortly after for my other permanent crown. While he was putting that one in he slipped with the drill and took a big chunk out beneath my tongue. Blood EVERYWHERE. was very painful and looked so nasty after I was able to look at it. He also had the nerve to blame it on me. "You shouldn't move" (I was still as a rock). He also had HORRIBLE breath. After I got that crown in I never went back to him. Since then that entire tooth had to be pulled because it wasn't done properly and my body started to literally disintegrate what was left of the roots to try to get rid of it naturally. It was such a pain.
NeedaVaca 05:39 PM 07-17-2013
I totally hear you! I can not stand to go to the dentist, I dread making the appointments. Speaking of which...I need to make one soon...uuugggghhhh
CedarCreek 07:18 PM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Oh man, that sucks I don't envy you. I'm definitely not a fan of the dentist either. I had a really bad dentist that sent me away to someone else for a root canal on a baby tooth that never fell out (no adult tooth behind it) and when I went back to him for my crown, the first one he put in was SOOOO not the right size or shape and was very painful. That one chipped less than a week later. Had to go BACK in for temporary crown and then back AGAIN shortly after for my other permanent crown. While he was putting that one in he slipped with the drill and took a big chunk out beneath my tongue. Blood EVERYWHERE. was very painful and looked so nasty after I was able to look at it. He also had the nerve to blame it on me. "You shouldn't move" (I was still as a rock). He also had HORRIBLE breath. After I got that crown in I never went back to him. Since then that entire tooth had to be pulled because it wasn't done properly and my body started to literally disintegrate what was left of the roots to try to get rid of it naturally. It was such a pain.
Omg, that sounds horrible! Especially the part about the drill catching your tongue!!

Do you require the gas now? That's the first thing I say when I sit in the chair. "Nitrous me, please!" It makes it somewhat more tolerable.
Brooksie 06:10 AM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Omg, that sounds horrible! Especially the part about the drill catching your tongue!!

Do you require the gas now? That's the first thing I say when I sit in the chair. "Nitrous me, please!" It makes it somewhat more tolerable.
Haha yea it was pretty terrible. And for some reason I don't ask for the gas. I have a different dentist now and she's great. Pulled that tooth with nothing but the shot. Felt instant relief. Was quick. And I haven't have any issues since.
Blackcat31 07:50 AM 07-18-2013
I am a severe dental phobe. I have been through many many dentists. Not because there are so many bad ones but because most of them get tired of clients making appts and then no showing them.

I make the appointment and then get physically sick for days prior. I go so far as getting to the parking lot of their offices, only to chicken out and skip out on my appt. After awhile, they stop letting you make appts at all.

I cannot do gas, music or anything else they suggest for a distraction.

I HATE having my teeth touched, cleaned, scraped and/or looked at....

I simply HATE the dentist..... of course, most of them hate me too so I guess the feeling is mutual...

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Tags:dentist, vent
Reply Up