Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick of Sickness
mamamanda 05:48 AM 04-13-2015
Well, after 6 weeks of someone being sick, I finally got it this weekend Achy all over, sinus pressure, chest congestion, & just miserable. Friday ds(3) came down with pink eye (dcb had it but was supposedly on drops), last night ds started running a high fever again, & my 7mo who just got over the breathing treatments for bronchiolitis & croup started coughing terribly & sounding hoarse again. I seriously don't feel like I can handle anymore of this. Every time I get my kids well again a dcp sends their sick kid & within a few days we're all sick again. Anyway, what can I do to better clean and disinfect things? I spray the toys with Lysol at the end of the day & run the sanitize cycle on dishwasher. I'm going to clean doorknobs & light switches today. Am I forgetting anything? Does opening the windows actually help or is that an ok wives tale? Thanks for the encouragement / tips.
Baby Beluga 06:44 AM 04-13-2015
I'm so sorry you are and your family are sick! That is the worst

I personally open my windows all the time to get fresh air. I am not sure if it actually helps or not, but it certainly helps me to feel better about the fresh air. It sounds like you are doing all you can to keep the germs at bay. Do you and/or your children take a vitamin C supplement? Perhaps that would help with strengthening everyone's immune system. I use the Hylands vitamin C tabs for my DD.
Josiegirl 09:50 AM 04-13-2015
I hope you all feel better fast! It's so hard when it keeps going through the daycare and your family too. Then a weekend comes and you're sick. No time to recoup from anything or even take care of you.
NoMoreJuice! 11:27 AM 04-13-2015
Just a thought: last fall I had a UV light installed in my furnace's ductwork. It is supposed to kill 99.99 percent of air borne pathogens, including mold and spores. Maybe that would help? We also have an electronic air filter that is supposed to get almost everything out of the air too. We haven't had much sickness at all this winter, for having 12-14 kids and four adults running around.
mamamanda 07:35 PM 04-13-2015
We have been eating vitamin C like its candy. Haha I've actually thought about buying an air filter. Will have to look into that. Thanks for the tip! I hadn't heard of using a UV light.
Tags:sickness
Reply Up