Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is Wrong With Parents These Days?
Mrs.Ky 04:27 AM 01-27-2011
My week has been crazy my Son had fever and vomiting Saturday then he was fine he had a 24 hour bug, then my 3 year old gets sick Monday closed Tuesday and took her to doctors and she has ear infection and broncitis. One dcb has been sick since last week coughing real bad, runny nose parents took him to doctors he had ear infection and has been on meds for 5 days well today parent text saying Son has temp of 100 and she gave him tylenol and he will be here (contract states children with fever of 101 or higher are not permitted in daycare) I say ok but if he gets fever of 101 or higher you have to come get him problem is I have no way of knowing what temp is cuz he is dosed up on tylenol he would not touch his breakfest, still coughig bad, runy nose, temp is 99.9 with tylenol, and now he is just laying on floor I'm mad that she would bring her kid like this I can tell he isnt well and I know Mom can tell too. I'm waiting for that tylenol to wear off in 4 hours to take his temp Im sure it will be 101 or higher and she will come get him and he will not be allowed back till Monday and with a doctor's note. I pray my kids dont get sick anymore we have circus to go to Saturday. What would you guys do would you call parent now and tell them child isnt well and to come get him even thou his fever is 99 right now due to tylenol or would you wait 4 hours then take again and have parents come get him?
DCMomOf3 04:44 AM 01-27-2011
Some people here have in their contracts that kids will be sent home if they can't participate in the activities, you wouldn't by chance have that in yours would you? Otherwise I would be temping him every hour or half-hour until he gets to 101, which you know he will. Isolate him to a couch or chair away from your other kids. It sucks that mom brought you her sick kid.
Mrs.Ky 04:50 AM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
Some people here have in their contracts that kids will be sent home if they can't participate in the activities, you wouldn't by chance have that in yours would you? Otherwise I would be temping him every hour or half-hour until he gets to 101, which you know he will. Isolate him to a couch or chair away from your other kids. It sucks that mom brought you her sick kid.
No I don't but I might just add that next year to my contract when I revise it I also might add that children who have been dosed with tylenol or motrin are not premitted in daycare to me these meds just hide a fever and it can be hard for us to tell. Poor boy I laid him in pnp and he is out because he is ill so he is not around other kids I will temp him again when he wakes.
momofboys 05:19 AM 01-27-2011
I would be temping him every 15 min , lol! Honestly I would call mom when it gets to 100.5 b/c you KNOW it will spike sometime. And then I woudl make sure you tell her he CAN'T come tomorrow and let her know it is not acceptable for her to dope him up before coming.
laundrymom 05:22 AM 01-27-2011
Mine says fever free without mess. They are still contagious if Tylenol brings down fever.
MarinaVanessa 06:48 AM 01-27-2011
That's why I don't allow medications at daycare. I used to, but no more. How are you supposed to know how high the fever is if they give him fever reducer? I would call her now to tell her that you are concerned because she gave him fever reducer and his temperature is so high WITH meds meaning that he has a high temperature.
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 01-27-2011
Even if you don't have the part in your contract that says "if he can't participate or is just not feeling well he can't come" you could still tell the mom that and have him picked up...I dont think we should have to put everything in print because some things are just plain obvious and if we have to verbally tell the parent it is ok too so....I would have NO qualms about calling mom and telling her that he just plain needs to go....
lil angels 07:05 AM 01-27-2011
I had this same thing happen on Tuesday but mom didn't say that she gave her anything I just knew it I could tell. I waited till it hit the 101 and then called it was almost the end of nap time and then she told me the next day that she didn't have a temp that night when she took her home I ended up not letting her in. I still saw it and now she isn't here again today. Suprise Suprise
Mrs.Ky 07:28 AM 01-27-2011
Yup DCB temp was 101.2 at 10:30am he just got picked up. Told Mom he could not come back for 24 hours meaning he cant come back till Monday and he needs a doctors note to return on Monday. She said there isnt in anything in contract about doctors note then read contract and said sorry then proceeds to tell me she cant take off work tomorrow I told her again he HAS to stay home for 24 hours its for the safety of other kids in daycare. She then proceeds to tell me my child had fever on Monday and I opened I said yes so YOU could go to work and I did close Tuesday Hello lady my child is NOT part of daycare. Needless to say dcb is on the way to doctors and I wont see him till Monday lets see if she shows up to pay Friday BY 5:30pm if not that will be a 25 buck fee lol. I dont understand why we have to explain our policies over and over in the contract they agreed and signed.
jen 07:49 AM 01-27-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs.Ky:
Yup DCB temp was 101.2 at 10:30am he just got picked up. Told Mom he could not come back for 24 hours meaning he cant come back till Monday and he needs a doctors note to return on Monday. She said there isnt in anything in contract about doctors note then read contract and said sorry then proceeds to tell me she cant take off work tomorrow I told her again he HAS to stay home for 24 hours its for the safety of other kids in daycare. She then proceeds to tell me my child had fever on Monday and I opened I said yes so YOU could go to work and I did close Tuesday Hello lady my child is NOT part of daycare. Needless to say dcb is on the way to doctors and I wont see him till Monday lets see if she shows up to pay Friday BY 5:30pm if not that will be a 25 buck fee lol. I dont understand why we have to explain our policies over and over in the contract they agreed and signed.
LOL..next time tell her "you're right. I should have closed. In the future, if my child has a fever, I will absolutely do that!

Mrs.Ky 08:33 AM 01-27-2011
@Jen that's what I should have said LOL. Well dcb is done at the doctors and he has the flu he wont be returning till Monday IF he is fever free. His temp was 102.4 by the time he got to the doctors I think his temp was higher then 100 this morning like Mom said.
Tags:sick policy, sickness
Reply Up