Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Long Do You Give Them to "Get" Your Rules??
SunflowerMama 11:55 AM 09-29-2010
I have 2 brothers that are driving me up the wall. My stress level is through the roof.

I feel like I'm saying their names all day.."X walking feet please...walking feet please, walking...STOP RUNNING!" "Don't hit your brother", "Don't take that from the baby", "It's rest time...not play time". They are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2. They are my only boys and they are so much more rambunctious (I know "boys will be boys") but the whole dynamic of the group has changed and feels so much more chaotic now.

They started almost a month ago and I would think 4 weeks would be enough to understand and respect the house rules a bit more but nothing is getting better.

I'm starting 2 new dcks on the 11th so I could afford to term them and for my own sanity I'm seriously considering.

Do you think I'm giving them enough time to settle into our routine or should I give it a few more weeks??

Help!! I'm going crazy over here.
momofsix 12:16 PM 09-29-2010
A month is more than enough time to realize what you expect from them. If they are not listening now, it's NOT because they don't know better, it's because they're making the choice to not listen. If they are causing that much stress, I wouldn't feel bad at all about terming them. It could make your days SO much less stressful!
sahm2three 12:22 PM 09-29-2010
I hear you! That sounds like my day all day every day! Ugh. I have a little guy who is a major hitter. He is 1 and is constantly smashing people in the face with big toys (like the Little People bus). He'll walk by one of the babies and just shove them over or grab them by the hair. I just don't get it. I don't know what to tell you other than make sure you keep reinforcing the rules and do what you have to do to keep your sanity!
Tags:patience, rules
Reply Up