Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Do You Allow Kids To Follow You Around?!
sahm2three 07:16 AM 03-10-2011
I have a sweet little dcg, who we have had issues with, but has really grown and been pretty good. But lately, she is stuck like glue to me! She wants to do everythign I do, repeat everything I say, and give me a play by play of everything that is going on. She is so sweet and I love her to pieces, she tells me she loves me constantly, but it is beginning to drive me bonkers. Poor thing is stuck in a house of boys, so I am sure that is part of it. She likes to help me with my chores, which is nice because I can teach her life skills, but it really does just make more work for myself, and I feel stretched to the max as it is. What do you all do? Had this situation?
youretooloud 09:00 AM 03-10-2011
I have two toddlers who follow me everywhere I go. They won't even go outside without me. When I use the restroom, they hang on the gate waiting for me to come out... then they yell "YAY", like I just came home from a long trip.
momatheart 09:09 AM 03-10-2011
We tell them to go play.
treehugger82 09:33 AM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I have two toddlers who follow me everywhere I go. They won't even go outside without me. When I use the restroom, they hang on the gate waiting for me to come out... then they yell "YAY", like I just came home from a long trip.

I know it's prob. really annoying after a while, but dang...that is too cute!
Lilbutterflie 10:02 AM 03-10-2011
I have one girl with three boys and my own dd who is a tomboy. She is a girly girl and loves to do girly things. But she always manages to throw her girly twists into the boys' games. For instance; when they play house, she's always "Mom"; or when they play animals at the zoo, she's the girl animal. When they play superheroes, she's always "Spidergirl".

She is 3 and a half, so I realize younger girls may not have this ability; but I definitely would encourage her to "go play" every time she follows you around. The kids here are not allowed to follow me around, they have to go play. The only exception is if they want to watch me cook, b/c I think it's educational.
Tags:follower, shadow
Reply Up