Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is There A "Perfect" DCF??
Mary Poppins 07:19 PM 01-17-2012
Just curious if anyone has the "perfect" dcf? If so, what is that like?

I'd love to live vicariously through you lol.

Mine so far have been 2-7's on a scale of 1-10.
Heidi 07:35 PM 01-17-2012
I do!

22 mo boy, cute as a button (big brown eyes and adorable brown curls), has just enough negative behaviors so you know he's not a stepford child. Enjoys rolling cars around, entertains himself very well, and jabbers like Pebbles from the Flinstones.

Child is the youngest of 4, and parent's discipline style is very similar to mine. No nonsense, but definately loving and respectful.

Mom and Dad communicate with me about when they will be here and not. Usually show up on time, and if not, always ask if it's ok, and explain why.

Family used to be private pay, so I have a deposit for a full weeks tuition on file. They now recieve childcare assistance, but always pay their portion without question, and because the state doesn't pay holidays, or sick days, they make up the difference out of their own pocket. They are grateful for whatever the state does to help.

Mom is sweet (and pretty), and Dad is adorable and darn good looking.

They often say "thank you" and seem genuinely grateful for the care I give their son.

9.9 out of 10...I think they forgot diapers once...
littlemissmuffet 08:49 PM 01-17-2012
I do!

They are:
- polite
- respectful of me, my home and my rules
- usually always on time; call the rare occasion they will be late dropping off or picking up
- never try to negotiate my rates or policies
- communicate appropriately
- say "thank you" on a regular basis
- don't feed their child JUNK food
- keep their child home when ill
- keep their child home when not working
- grateful
- appreciative
- strongly encourage a deep bond between myself and their child
- ask for and apply advice appropriately
- pay on time

...and above all else, are a continual reminder of how all it takes is one super fantastic family to make up for all "the rest"
daycare 09:09 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I do!

They are:
- polite
- respectful of me, my home and my rules
- usually always on time; call the rare occasion they will be late dropping off or picking up
- never try to negotiate my rates or policies
- communicate appropriately
- say "thank you" on a regular basis
- don't feed their child JUNK food
- keep their child home when ill
- keep their child home when not working
- grateful
- appreciative
- strongly encourage a deep bond between myself and their child
- ask for and apply advice appropriately
- pay on time

...and above all else, are a continual reminder of how all it takes is one super fantastic family to make up for all "the rest"
very well said.

I have families that seem like they were sent from heaven. But I got them because I took the bad ones first and learned really fast what I didnt want.
Mary Poppins 09:22 PM 01-17-2012
You ladies are really giving me hope that it is possible!

I do have to say that my 7 teeters on an 8 so for that I can be thankful and my new one is too soon to tell, but so far so good. Keeping fingers crossed!
MNMum 09:39 PM 01-17-2012
I have one!

Their 3rd child who is 3.5yo attends. Child is rarely here when school is out. Occasionally, I also watch their Kindergartner. Always pay, even when he is not here, they haven't even taken their free week (although he has been gone 2 full weeks over Christmas). They always feed him breakfast. He's here 7 hours/day. Dad and mom are both adorable. They take responsibility for any issues and are willing to help out. They are understanding about illness and minor scrapes and bruises. They know their children are not perfect but are totally in tune to their individual strengths and struggles. They say thank you every single day and so does their child! My kindergartner loves when their kindergartner comes for the day, and I get paid for the playdate!
Zoe 07:44 AM 01-18-2012
I have four daycare families. They are all AWESOME.

-They come when they should, pick up on time. (I've only ever once charged a late fee and the mom gave it to me before I even asked, hasn't happened again).

-Thank me every day as they leave

-Pay every Monday without me asking

-The kids are respectful and nap well

-All the kids get along with each other and my own children

-Parents adhere to all of my policies with no reminders and NO complaints

-They work with me if there is even a hint of a problem and it's quashed immediately

-Everyone smiles upon drop-off

-NO DRAMA!!!

Ahhhhhhh......it's heaven!

I've had nightmare families, in fact, my very first daycare family was the worst of all and I decided right then and there that I wouldn't put up with that cr@p anymore. And I haven't.
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 01-18-2012
Yep, I have several. They arrive on time with children fed, ready for the day and in good health. They also pay on time and follow the daycare policies.

The best parent (family) is the parent that knows their responsibility as a parent yet fully understands my role as provider.
countrymom 07:59 AM 01-18-2012
I have awesome families too. No complaints. They keep their kids home when sick, pay on time, send in treats, all the kids get along and the parents are really down to earth people. BUT, in order to get these people, I had to deal with some really awful people.
Ariana 09:31 AM 01-18-2012
I have 2 families that are really good! Not perfect BUT they respect me, follow my policies and pay on time. I've never had any serious issues....minor annoyances but that's just life when dealing with humans
Zoe 09:39 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by Ariana:
.minor annoyances but that's just life when dealing with humans
And that's what I tell myself any time I get annoyed with something or if a particularly annoying grandma drops off. The pros far outweigh the cons and once I remind myself of that, I'm good again.
DCMom 09:40 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I've had nightmare families, in fact, my very first daycare family was the worst of all and I decided right then and there that I wouldn't put up with that cr@p anymore. And I haven't.
I think this is the key to good families. Respect is also a two-way street, if you want respect you have to give it.

I have 8 families, 9.5 to 10's. All referrals from former families ~ I think they knew what was expected of them before they got here, lol!
AnneCordelia 09:50 AM 01-18-2012
I have one!!!

They pay on time.
They remember my days off.
They bring us treats.
They are always courteous and polite.
They are never late bringing supplies.
They don't hang around at drops/pickups.
They ask me for advice on the best way to parent their child so it will be easier for him here (bedtime routines, diapering, feeding routines, ect.)
They stick to our daily routine on weekends and holidays.
They express their appreciate of me, which is really the most important.

I really love this family. They never ask me for favours, but if they did, they are the family I'd jump through hoops for. They are sweet, kind people and it shows in the child they are raising. I love them!

I also had an aweful first family and have learned. I will not be treated that way again.
KEG123 10:09 AM 01-18-2012
I've only had two daycare families (been here since May of 11 and are still here) and they both are GREAT! Seriously, everything has been wonderful. Communication is open, pay on time, pick up early when they are able to, never late to pick up, etc etc.
Mary Poppins 12:14 PM 01-18-2012
Aw, you guys are so lucky!! I am interviewing a potential client this pm and decided to try the staggered interview thing. She's a new mom, with a 6mo girl who has only been with gramma up until now so I'm kinda nervous.

I told her bring gramma so she is lol.
Daycaremomof2 11:25 AM 01-19-2012
I have one (almost). Their family ALWAYS keeps their sick kids at home, they ALWAYS pay on-time, via bank to bank transaction, so I only have to check to make sure it is there, they are polite, respectful of my family, like-minded, friendly, and their kids are pretty darn good for 2 year olds. They are nice to my own kids, caring, always feed, bathe, brush their kids teeth and hair, etc etc. Clearly, they love their children!!! I said ALMOST, because they are gone 3 months out of the year and I miss that income, but I love the kiddos and it makes it worth it for me to save up the other 9 months out of the year.
Blackcat31 11:29 AM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
Aw, you guys are so lucky!! I am interviewing a potential client this pm and decided to try the staggered interview thing. She's a new mom, with a 6mo girl who has only been with gramma up until now so I'm kinda nervous.

I told her bring gramma so she is lol.
Good luck and good for you (in regards to the interview process you decided to go with) Keep us posted! Sending good vibes your way!
wdmmom 04:49 PM 01-19-2012
I have a few families that rank WAY up there.

I also have a few that are just ok.

I have 1 that frustrates me, questions policies, has constant disregard for my rules (although i don't think dcd realizes). DCM on the other hand is fabulous! She's courteous, on time, sends gifts over for me, etc.

And, 1 of my families that used to be my favorite has dropped in the ranks. They paid late 3 times in the past year, asked for me to accommodate an out of town trip which resulted in opening about 20 minutes earlier 2 days, I got a nice Christmas bonus the past 2 years but a big fat NOTHING this past Christmas and now that DCM is pregnant, she said something about dropping both kids down to 2 days per week. I haven't even bothered engaging in that conversation yet. I'm sure they will leave when I tell them no. Might as well milk it til June.
Tags:good behavior, perfect child, rules
Reply Up