Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Quickly....
Hunni Bee 11:34 AM 02-16-2012
Do you exclude on the first diarrhea, if they did it on themselves and its a toilet trained child? We have a clause in our sick sheet, that says if "not not contained by toilet use"....but I dont know about the first one. It was liquid, though.
bunnyslippers 11:38 AM 02-16-2012
I exclude on two episodes in the same day.
GretasLittleFriends 11:42 AM 02-16-2012
I am the same way, excluding on the second episode. I may give the parents a heads up after the first episode depending on how bad it was. It depends on the child and parent.
SD DaycareMOM 11:56 AM 02-16-2012
I also exclude on the second episode in one day. And if I know they are currently finishing a course of antibiotics that is causing it, I let them stay.
WImom 11:57 AM 02-16-2012
I'd say it depends on the child. I've sent home after the first one because I knew the brother was home sick. But if I hadn't known that and the child was acting fine I would wait until the 2nd. BUT if you had to change them and have no more extra clothes then I'd also send home or your going to be stuck.
daycare 11:59 AM 02-16-2012
two if in diapers

one if it is a PT child that went any amount in their pants..
Hunni Bee 12:15 PM 02-16-2012
Great...he just did the second one in his pants and I can't get anyone on the phone.
Meyou 12:22 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Great...he just did the second one in his pants and I can't get anyone on the phone.
Just hugs.
bice99 01:12 PM 02-16-2012
That's the pits! Start calling emergency back ups. Just sit the kiddo on the toilet I guess. Then you won't have any more messes to clean up. But just think - he won't be with you tomorrow
CheekyChick 01:22 PM 02-16-2012
I wait until the second time to call home.
daycare 01:28 PM 02-16-2012
that right there is why I exclude after only one. Because if it happens once, chances are it will happen again....

Again this rule is only for those that are PT

kidos in diapers have two bouts and then out
godiva83 01:32 PM 02-16-2012
I say depends on the kiddo and how bad it was, but always call with a heads up after the 1st as we all know how diarhhea works!

Sorry, hope you get a hold of the guardians and this poor lil chap goes home.
Hunni Bee 01:44 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
that right there is why I exclude after only one. Because if it happens once, chances are it will happen again....

Again this rule is only for those that are PT

kidos in diapers have two bouts and then out
That's what I was thinking, daycare. I knew he would have another one because the first one was right after lunch. Now I had to change two pairs of poopy clothes in a row....and he ate like a grown man at snack, so he's probably going to have another one, but he's wearing a pull up at least.
daycare 01:45 PM 02-16-2012
That's what I was thinking, daycare. I knew he would have another one because the first one was right after lunch. Now I had to change two pairs of poopy clothes in a row....and he ate like a grown man at snack, so he's probably going to have another one, but he's wearing a pull up at least.
oh no... I feel for you and for him too...poor guy..

Still no luck reaching the family???
Hunni Bee 02:29 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
oh no... I feel for you and for him too...poor guy..

Still no luck reaching the family???
Nope. We close in 30, so I guess it doesn't matter. The dad never answers and I know for a fact he doesn't work. Humph.
daycare 02:31 PM 02-16-2012
Nope. We close in 30, so I guess it doesn't matter. The dad never answers and I know for a fact he doesn't work. Humph.
awe what a bummer for that little man.

I know you work at a center, so don't know how much pull you have, but in the future, is it possible to send them home after one bout?

BTW no back up care takers for the little guy??
bice99 02:33 PM 02-16-2012
My families have 30 minutes to get here after I make the call that their child needs to go home. $1 per minute after that. (They all work within 7 minutes of my house)
momma2girls 03:18 PM 02-16-2012
If you can't reach anyone, start their emergency contacts.
Tags:diarrhea, diarrhea policy
Reply Up