Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Been One of Those Days
Kabob 12:45 PM 12-05-2014
TGIF!

6 month old dd has had a low fever all day and just is not acting right. We stayed inside on a glorious day so that she could get an extra nap in under close supervision...I just have been watching her like a hawk.

Cue misbehavior from my 2.5 yo dcg who has hit the stage where shes does the opposite of what l say and also just general sassy responses. I tell her to stop breaking my crayons or else she is done coloring and she looks directly at me and snaps another in half while smiling. I remove her and tell her to go play toys and then cue meltdown and screaming no at me. Literally every project today she sneaks in misbehavior...jumping on the floor puzzle we're doing...getting off her mat (which she hasn't done in months)...throwing toys...just generally being mischievous when she normally not only follows every rule but also reminds others of the rules.

Just ugh. I have her next to my feet while I have the crib right next to me. I think I have had about a 20 minute break so far.

So glad it's Friday. Just so worried about baby and frustrated my best dcg is suddenly a tantruming mess....
Josiegirl 02:31 PM 12-05-2014
Hope by now you can kick back, put your feet up, and breathe in, listen to the silence.
Enjoy your weekend!

Oh shoot, I just reread that it's your own dd who's running a low grade fever. It's probably nothing but as a mom, you're allowed to worry. Hopefully she'll get lots of sleep and bounce back tomorrow! Is she teething or showing signs of sniffles?
Kabob 09:16 PM 12-05-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Hope by now you can kick back, put your feet up, and breathe in, listen to the silence.
Enjoy your weekend!

Oh shoot, I just reread that it's your own dd who's running a low grade fever. It's probably nothing but as a mom, you're allowed to worry. Hopefully she'll get lots of sleep and bounce back tomorrow! Is she teething or showing signs of sniffles?
DD had booster shots and her first flu shot and she just hasn't been right. The fever got worse before it went down but she has been fussy and has had multiple blow outs today and just a mess. If she were a daycare baby I would've sent her home. Dh was supposed to be home with her but his co-worker accidentally cut off her thumb (no idea what happened) so he had to cover. Yeah. Fun. So I decided to try to hold it together today instead of close. By the end of the day I wanted to cry with dd...everyone was tired and just done with the day.

Never ever doing that again.

On a positive note, my mentioned dcg had tons of potty training success today. Super pleased she is asking to use the potty and actually using it. Her success has led to my ds and another dcg to start using the potty too. So at least I feel like I accomplished something even if it wasn't me that learned to poop on the potty.

Oh and I finally got to sneak outside. The nice weather helped too!
Tags:friday, tgif
Reply Up