Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Addressing incidents from the previous day
Bookworm 10:53 AM 04-03-2015
Yesterday after i got off work, three of my girls pooped in their pants on the playground. One girl is 5 and the other two will be this summer, within a month of each other. They were changed and their moms were told. All of them were in complete shock I was told. The only time i can remember a child messing their pants was about 5 yrs ago and that child had a virus.

This morning, I waited for the parents to bring it up but they didn't. My Dir wanted me to talk to the entire class about yesterday and I refused. I told her that the incidents happened yesterday after i left and i wouldn't bring it up to the group or the individual girls because I'm sure their parents handled it last night and it might cause them further embarrassment. As far as i was concerned, its water under the bridge. Was I right to handle it this way? What would you have done/said. Thanks in advance.
jenboo 10:58 AM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
Yesterday after i got off work, three of my girls pooped in their pants on the playground. One girl is 5 and the other two will be this summer, within a month of each other. They were changed and their moms were told. All of them were in complete shock I was told. The only time i can remember a child messing their pants was about 5 yrs ago and that child had a virus.

This morning, I waited for the parents to bring it up but they didn't. My Dir wanted me to talk to the entire class about yesterday and I refused. I told her that the incidents happened yesterday after i left and i wouldn't bring it up to the group or the individual girls because I'm sure their parents handled it last night and it might cause them further embarrassment. As far as i was concerned, its water under the bridge. Was I right to handle it this way? What would you have done/said. Thanks in advance.
I would have done exactly what you did. The teachers who changed the girls should have talked to them about it as well as their parents.
How embarrassing for the girls to find out other teachers knew they had an accident.
Rockgirl 11:00 AM 04-03-2015
Yes, I think you handled it just right.
daycarediva 11:01 AM 04-03-2015
I think you handled it perfectly. I try to be as discreet as possible, I typically write it on their sheet and then send the parents a quick email if it is a very unusual occurance. I would NOT bring up an incident from the day before to the kids or parents unless they brought it up.
Bookworm 02:00 PM 04-03-2015
Ok, that's what I thought too. I just didn't want the girls to be embarrassed. Thank you.
Reply Up