Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Definitely Monday
mamamanda 10:09 AM 07-27-2015
Ahhhhhhh! Want to pull my hair out today. Lots of bickering, fighting, taking toys, screaming (yes screaming even after multiple timeouts & for no apparent reason other than to scream), complaining, & refusing to lay still at nap time. Days like this make me dread the rest of the week. And I've had an upset stomach all morning to top I off. Yuck.
I want so much for my group to be orderly & things to work calmly. I really think we'll get there as they've made much progress & my roughest 2 will be leaving after this week. All my others will be switching to full time except one & she will be full days 4 days a week. That's bound to help, right? We just need school to start. This group does so much better with the structure. They just don't handle free play well at all.
Blackcat31 12:41 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Ahhhhhhh! Want to pull my hair out today. Lots of bickering, fighting, taking toys, screaming (yes screaming even after multiple timeouts & for no apparent reason other than to scream), complaining, & refusing to lay still at nap time. Days like this make me dread the rest of the week. And I've had an upset stomach all morning to top I off. Yuck.
I want so much for my group to be orderly & things to work calmly. I really think we'll get there as they've made much progress & my roughest 2 will be leaving after this week. All my others will be switching to full time except one & she will be full days 4 days a week. That's bound to help, right? We just need school to start. This group does so much better with the structure. They just don't handle free play well at all.
Aw, sorry your Monday is turning out to be such a Monday...

My Mondays happen on Tuesdays.

On Monday's the kids eat a bit earlier as well as have rest time a bit earlier too. They also sleep a bit longer too. Im guessing they are making up for no naps over the weekend.

Hang in there.... Monday is half over... and summer is too so the school year will be here in no time!
Febby 06:56 PM 07-27-2015
Several of my kids didn't nap today. THAT killed me. My afternoon was full of tantrums. One of my parents picked up early and commented on how patient I am.
ColorfulSunburst 07:07 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
On Monday's the kids eat a bit earlier as well as have rest time a bit earlier too. They also sleep a bit longer too. Im guessing they are making up for no naps over the weekend.
same here. Every Monday.
Bookworm 07:39 PM 07-27-2015
On Mondays, I give my kids (toddlers) an extra 30-45 minutes of nap because they are so cranky. My afternoons are so much better now.
mamamanda 04:50 AM 07-28-2015
Mine don't want to nap at all on Mondays. Nap time is pretty much the most stressful time of the day. 2 of my kiddos visit their daddy quite a bit on the weekends & I can always tell if they've been with dad or mom based on how hyper & out of sorts they are. I think dad lets them do/eat whatever & they are just completely off schedule. Took 1.5 hours for dcb to fall asleep yesterday, dcg woke up after 40 minutes & it was another hour of me insisting she stay on her mat b/c this is becoming habit for her. As dcb falls asleep, dcg 18mo woke up, literally within minutes of him going to sleep. That woke up another dcg & all I could think was I just wanted 10 minutes to myself. Seriously. A nice bathroom break without any one talking to me would have sufficed. Oh well. Here's to Tuesday! Wishing every one a great day!!!
Reply Up