Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>#3 - Something My Families Don't Know About Me
NightOwl 12:12 PM 06-24-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
My DH is dabbling in paganism...can I PM you? Having a hard time finding him a community in Utah
Of course! It's a lonely path.
NightOwl 12:14 PM 06-24-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
To bad you didn't know me when my DD was attending Westminster... it's the only non religious affiliated College I think Utah has (SLC); we are Pagan too lol. DD's roommate was Mormon so figure that one out
Hey sister! We stay so buried in the broom closet that it makes it hard to find one another.
Controlled Chaos 03:20 PM 06-24-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
To bad you didn't know me when my DD was attending Westminster... it's the only non religious affiliated College I think Utah has (SLC); we are Pagan too lol. DD's roommate was Mormon so figure that one out
I have family that works at Westminster lol go Griffins! I don't know that DH is serious. He's a dabbler by nature. Raised Catholic, very strong faith in a higher power and very interested in how others celebrate or show thanks to their high power(s). My first roommate was LDS and most of my friends and some family they are just waiting for me to come around just teasing
daycarediva 03:25 PM 06-24-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
The "Knife Show Me" would shock DCPs who only know "Daycare Me". I have a real problem saying what I think without thinking first. Combine that with my "excessive" sense of humor and it can be really bad. At the last show there's a maker I like to give a bit of grief to. So when he asked "How's it going?" my response was "Great! I watched my first (adult movie) last night- I was soooo much younger then!" Stuff like that. Not because of a joke, but my inability to keep my mouth shut got me banned from one show a few years ago.

I mentally cuss out a DCK at least once a week. Never actually say it, but man does it feel good in my head.

DAILY here. With a smile on my face. At least it's a healthy vent and the kid is non the wiser.

You sound like a riot!

We are in a BIG liberal area- and dh and I are conservatives.

I'm agnostic, dh is pagan, dd is leaning towards buddhism.

They think I went mostly meat-free for health reasons. I didn't, it was cost-effective. I actually just enrolled a vegetarian family (they're pt) because of my menu, mainly. The mom said "It's so nice to find like minded people, the over consumption of animal protein, especially beef is horrible for the atmosphere."

and then I had a HUGE steak, and a beer for dinner that night. I would eat ONLY meat and veggies, in fact, that's pretty much all I do eat.
Stephnrich 03:36 PM 06-24-2016
Originally Posted by melilley:
Haha I always think about #3! I think people think that we don't do anything but take care children and are always prim and proper. But one day I did accidentally send a text to a parent saying "can you please pick up some gloves, I just got **** on my hands". It was meant for my husband..

I apologized to the parent and she said oh it's no big deal. At least we know you're human.... I was so relieved. If it was another one of my parents, I would have died!
That made me laugh so much!
284878 09:40 PM 06-24-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
My family is really religious. Maybe it's evident from the pictures of Jesus and Mary all around, haha. But it never comes up at the daycare since I don't run a religious program
My living room is decorated the same way, we even have a battery back up radio, tuned into a local Christian radio station, 24/7. Nobody ever says anything to me though. I have been asked which church I attend, after I made a comment about my dd and Sunday school.
My website says I am a Christian, I do read religious based story books sometimes but don't make a big deal about the stories. (if you did not know the bible you would think that they were just stories)
Tags:2013, parents - don't appreciate
1 2
Reply Up