Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Charge For This?
momofboys 10:09 AM 10-28-2010
I have a mom inquiring about care for her 3 kids on a very part-time (almost everyday, 3-4 days a week) basis. She needs care from 4:15 pm- @ 6:30. The kids are 7, 3 1/2 & 15 months. The hours she needs care are okay with me in that my other family leaves by 4:00. It would make for a long day for me though (other family arrives about 7:00 am) & cut into family time. But if I am offered it I really have to take it. I desperately need another client. What would you charge?
momma2girls 10:13 AM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:
I have a mom inquiring about care for her 3 kids on a very part-time (almost everyday, 3-4 days a week) basis. She needs care from 4:15 pm- @ 6:30. The kids are 7, 3 1/2 & 15 months. The hours she needs care are okay with me in that my other family leaves by 4:00. It would make for a long day for me though (other family arrives about 7:00 am) & cut into family time. But if I am offered it I really have to take it. I desperately need another client. What would you charge?
I would never do that short amt. of time, let alone til 6:30. I have done things like this, gave favors, and boy have I regretted them!!!
If you really do want to take them, charge alot and have it worth your time doing so!! I would never take them, this is my family time only!! Time is so precious, and it doesn't seem like you get enough of it, the way it is with just your precious family!!
marniewon 10:24 AM 10-28-2010
If you really, really need this job, I would probably go hourly for this family. Normally I would charge $20/day for under 5 hours/day, with a 10% discount for siblings. But, at 4 days/week, you would be charging them over $200 for 3 kids for about 11 hours/week. That seems kind of high. When I do hourly, I look to see what the state would pay per child, and charge that.
countrymom 10:30 AM 10-28-2010
I can see it starting from 2 hours to 3 hours and so on, if your really need kids, then fine, but I think you will regrett it, its going to be a long day for you. I charge hourly so maybe 15 dollars an hour for 3 kids.
BentleysBands 11:10 AM 10-28-2010
i would do $25 for the 3 kids for 2 hrs
momofsix 11:51 AM 10-28-2010
i was thinking $25 per day too, as long as the hours don't go over!
Childminder 11:57 AM 10-28-2010
I break it down to hourly rates per child. So, my rate is $4 X 2.25 Hours X 3 Kids = $27 day. Or round it to $10 per child per day to make life easier. If she is early dropping or late picking the hourly rate might bring more. Late fees etc.
I'm open till midnight though so I have kids at odd times all the time.
momofboys 11:33 AM 10-29-2010
Thanks all for your input. I have decided that I need to find someone with daytime hours. . . not hours that cut into my family time. Thank you for your insight!
Tags:charging, part time rate
Reply Up