Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Inspection is Tomorrow!
Zoe 09:01 AM 02-02-2011
So my house has been "inspection ready" since November. But my licensor went on a 2 month medical leave with NO substitute just as I got ready! She FINALLY called me last week and my inspection is tomorrow! This is the last step for me, so I'm very excited! Any tips or random things to look out for/have handy?
DCMomOf3 09:04 AM 02-02-2011
Best of luck to you!!!
Little People 09:17 AM 02-02-2011
Got all outlets plugged up? All perfume put away? Toothpaste put away?
Michelle 09:18 AM 02-02-2011
they will test your smoke alarms, make sure you have cabinet locks, plugs, etc., they will want to see where the kids sleep/eat. fireplace/furnace MUST be covered and child proof , take everything out of your bathroom and tub area except soap and disposable towels , (tooth paste, hairspray,perfume, everything has to be locked up)
be ready to answer question such as your emergency plan for earthquake,tornado, flood etc.
don't be nervous and good luck!
Zoe 09:22 AM 02-02-2011
Even in the tub area? Wow! I thought if it was behind the curtain it would be safe. I'll do that now! Everything else mentioned has been done so far!
AnythingsPossible 09:34 AM 02-02-2011
You might want to talk to your inspector about bathroom products when she does the inspection. As long as my stuff is up in the shower and placed on higher shelves in the bathroom, my inspector is okay with it. She takes into consideration that it is my home and we have to use the bathroom everyday along with daycare. All inspectors are different though! So, to prevent her having to come back, I would put it away, but ask what she would allow to be out.
As far as things to look for, just go over the checklist again of what they will look at. As long as you have that covered, you should be fine!
Tags:inspection
Reply Up