Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is There Anything I Can Do - Waiting for Inspection?
Heart12 11:10 AM 08-02-2016
Licensing was supposed to come to my house for inspection yesterday & today. Both days no call/no show. She called me at 8am this morning saying that she'd be here today. I only have 1 kid today & I've been stuck in the house waiting for this lady. I just tried calling her & as usual, no answer. She NEVER returns any of my calls or emails. Im so annoyed! I told my own child that we could go to the pool today since I wont have any babies & we are still sitting here twiddling our thumbs. Is there anything I can do about this? I feel like this is incredibly unprofessional. Also, every time I call her I leave a voice mail, & then I hang up & email her saying that Ive called & havent heard back, just so there is a paper trail of me trying to get ahold of this woman. UGHHHH!!!
Blackcat31 11:25 AM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by Heart12:
Licensing was supposed to come to my house for inspection yesterday & today. Both days no call/no show. She called me at 8am this morning saying that she'd be here today. I only have 1 kid today & I've been stuck in the house waiting for this lady. I just tried calling her & as usual, no answer. She NEVER returns any of my calls or emails. Im so annoyed! I told my own child that we could go to the pool today since I wont have any babies & we are still sitting here twiddling our thumbs. Is there anything I can do about this? I feel like this is incredibly unprofessional. Also, every time I call her I leave a voice mail, & then I hang up & email her saying that Ive called & havent heard back, just so there is a paper trail of me trying to get ahold of this woman. UGHHHH!!!
Did she say a time she would be there today or just "today"?

If she gave a time, I'd leave a note and say you waited but she failed to show AGAIN so you went about your business.

This is getting kind of ridiculous no? Is there anyone you can call that is higher up that she is? What a shame that licensing agents behave this way.
Heart12 11:33 AM 08-02-2016
She said she would be here after lunch, but I know the office closes at 4pm & its already 2:30 I was thinking about calling someone higher up, but I guess Im afraid that she will get wind of it I am beyond frustrated.
Blackcat31 11:44 AM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by Heart12:
She said she would be here after lunch, but I know the office closes at 4pm & its already 2:30 I was thinking about calling someone higher up, but I guess Im afraid that she will get wind of it I am beyond frustrated.
I understand, but do not let someone who is NOT doing their job influence your actions. SHE should be worried about being in trouble for not doing her job.

If you have documentation or any type of proof (even a voicemail) that shows she has No-showed you X number of times, I would absolutely go over her head. I am a rule follower but i have zero issues standing my ground when I know I did what I was required and someone else didn't.
Second Home 11:50 AM 08-02-2016
I never have a set date for my inspections , they just show up . Is this one scheduled because it is your first year inspection?
thrivingchildcarecom 12:01 PM 08-02-2016
Of course, it is up to you, but I would probably head on over to the pool at this point. Just make sure you left her an EMAIL so you have proof that you tried to contact her. That's my take! BTW, they never call back!
Nurse Jackie 12:36 PM 08-02-2016
I would send an email pretty much saying I waited around and you never showed so I'm gonna go about my day.
Tags:inspection
Reply Up