Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Know You Live In The Midwest
SquirrellyMama 05:06 PM 03-28-2013
It is 56 degrees, the kids are wearing shorts and flip flops and they are playing in the melting snow It will be 60 tomorrow. We may have to break out the swimwear.

ETA: That should have been Midwest in the title. I keep adding extra s's to things.

Kelly
Zoe 05:09 PM 03-28-2013
haha! I'm in Minnesota and today was 45 degrees. I went to the UPS store in a long-sleeved shirt and no coat. It was fabulous! I did get a little cold after a while though. I think those of us in the Midwest are just so ready for spring that we take any sign of "warm" weather and we run with it!
nanglgrl 06:37 PM 03-28-2013
I went and sat on the front stoop yesterday and didn't have any shoes/socks on. All morning the sun hits that side of the house and we have a black colored concrete porch so it gets toasty...anyway I sat out there enjoying the warmth and my two children came out and started running around the yard and I realized that they were barefoot, no jackets and we still had piles of snow mixed in the grass...I had to laugh because the picture was hilarious. Barefoot children frolicking in the yellow grass and snow.
mema 06:46 PM 03-28-2013
It is awesome! I think we made it to 42* and ds went to school in shorts. I am usually on the chilly side, so I kept my light coat on-but I see 50's in our forcast! Hoping it melts all the ice off the roof.
nsnavely 07:01 PM 03-28-2013
LOL YUP! We are in NE and I had my shorts on..about 60 degrees here..I even got some sun on my arms! LOL Too bad its gonna only be 38 next week :/
originalkat 07:26 PM 03-28-2013
So true! Im in Kansas and the other day the kids were running around in beautiful lower 60 degree weather (shorts and all) and there were still a few patches of snow trying to melt off. I love the midwest.
AmyKidsCo 07:46 PM 03-28-2013
40s here in my part of Wisconsin today, and tomorrow. I am SO ready for spring!
Blackcat31 08:14 AM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
40s here in my part of Wisconsin today, and tomorrow. I had a mom take her 4 yo and 10 mo home without coats! Hello, it's only 8 degrees above freezing...
Same here. All my DCK's have only hooded sweatshirts. I know it is only a few degrees above freezing but here, that is considered a heat wave!

It's 44F out now here at my house and I have several windows open.
SilverSabre25 08:18 AM 03-29-2013
We have almost sixties this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
wdmmom 08:19 AM 03-29-2013
It was beautiful yesterday and suppose to be a few degrees warmer today. The sun is shining finally!!!

Took the daycare kids out for an afternoon walk yesterday, took the dogs on another walk last night. Had a few windows open yesterday and I was sporting capris! Definitely not warm enough for shorts just yet.
VTMom 09:19 AM 03-29-2013
We're feeling it in Vermont too! DH wore flip flops to work today.

It's about 50'!

We can't help but feel excited for spring to really come (although I don't think our winter is truly done with us yet!)
LittleD 10:10 AM 03-29-2013
Not me! 41 degrees here. It seems when we start pretending it's warmer then what it is, everyone gets sick one more time! Jackets and hats stay on until its at least 55 degrees!!
MsLaura529 10:37 AM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by VTMom:
We're feeling it in Vermont too! DH wore flip flops to work today.
It's about 50'!

We can't help but feel excited for spring to really come (although I don't think our winter is truly done with us yet!)
My DH busted out his flip flops this week, too! Haha.

It's in the 40s here, but that sunshine feels sooooo warm. I was out yesterday afternoon with my DD and DS, running around ... took off my hoodie to get some sunshine on my skin. It felt wonderful, cold, but wonderful
Solandia 11:04 AM 03-29-2013
Yesterday it was 45*F and all my kids were out playing in the sun (Oh, Mr Golden Sun!) in long sleeved tees, and I had to convince them shoes had to stay on. They were out for a few hours.

I also have my windows open, it feels so hot in the house. It is 50*F out right now. and my kids are all outside again, and I will have to beg them to come in for snacktime in a couple hours
jenn 12:50 PM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by originalkat:
So true! Im in Kansas and the other day the kids were running around in beautiful lower 60 degree weather (shorts and all) and there were still a few patches of snow trying to melt off. I love the midwest.
My kansas kids were in short sleeves and sandals yesterday, while throwing snowballs of the last of the remaining snow at each other.
nanglgrl 08:27 PM 03-29-2013
Spring in Iowa...about 55 degrees out and we are celebrating!
Attached: 172.jpg (168.0 KB) 
Reply Up