Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>KS Providers Lisc. Renewal Question...
Jack Sprat 11:17 AM 03-26-2014
Can I take the papers that are from dck that no longer attend and file them in a separate section all together? My binder is organized so that its youngest to oldest and all my current kids. I am wondering what to do with the older kids enrollment forms...Does state need to look through those again as well?
cara041083 11:27 AM 03-26-2014
Im not sure how long you have to keep things, but when my inspector shows up, I don't let her in my filing cabinet. I hand her all of the current kids that are enrolled, my husbands and I's folder with all of our stuff in it, my file for all of my certificates, my pets folder, and my supervision plan and show them where my board is with all the stuff that needs to be posted. They have never asked to see files on the other kids or old stuff that doesn't pertain to the current year. I do keep everything encase I was to get audited or whatever. Hope that helps That way they can get all the paperwork done before starting the tour of my home
craftymissbeth 11:41 AM 03-26-2014
I had my relicensing inspection last week and I only have her currently enrolled children. There's no way the previous clients would be current... at least I'm not keeping up with them
Jack Sprat 11:50 AM 03-26-2014
Great idea on the handing her the info needed. I am re organizing my binder. I have so much "crap" she doesn't need to wade through. Do they just pop in or set a time?
originalkat 02:30 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
Im not sure how long you have to keep things, but when my inspector shows up, I don't let her in my filing cabinet. I hand her all of the current kids that are enrolled, my husbands and I's folder with all of our stuff in it, my file for all of my certificates, my pets folder, and my supervision plan and show them where my board is with all the stuff that needs to be posted. They have never asked to see files on the other kids or old stuff that doesn't pertain to the current year. I do keep everything encase I was to get audited or whatever. Hope that helps That way they can get all the paperwork done before starting the tour of my home
Yep, this is what I do as well!
cara041083 03:05 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Great idea on the handing her the info needed. I am re organizing my binder. I have so much "crap" she doesn't need to wade through. Do they just pop in or set a time?

If its your annual visit, then they will just show up. When I see them pull in I let her in and then I let her get her stuff settled and then I set 3 piles on the table. 1 with the kids folders, 1 with my stuff, and 1 for all the other stuff I know shes gonna need. That way I can focus on the kids with out her asking me for different things.
craftymissbeth 05:25 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Yep they just show up. Mine came two months before my license ends which is totally ok, but she came on the absolute worst day ever. I got counted off for a LOT of things, but they were all things I could correct during the visit.

I've made a schedule for myself, though, so now I can check everything off and make sure everything is perfect every day. My goal for next year is to not have a single thing wrong.
jenn 06:37 PM 03-26-2014
I keep the old ones for a year or so, and then toss them. I have never been asked for them, but just keep them in the back of my notebook. Your initial visit will be scheduled (or at least mine was). After you are licensed, they just show up around the time your license expires.
Reply Up