Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Only 6 More Weeks
SilverSabre25 08:32 AM 03-29-2011
and one of my more challenging dcks will be gone. In a way I will miss him because I've had him half his life, he's very sweet, and his mom is great, but...

man, is he a challenge. This is a 17 month old who appears to have some very high anxiety that I have never figured out how to handle. He doesn't sleep enough, and occasionally freaks out if I sit down or get up or other things...starts to cry and I can't figure out why. His stuff got markedly worse after he was home for Christmas for two full weeks and has deteriorated from there. Now he's hitting "toddlerness" and every toy is HIS and his alone, etc, etc, etc.

His mom is having another baby (due two weeks after me) and was planning on coming back after a 3 month maternity leave, and only bringing the kids two days a week. Originally I gave her a hesitant "yes", and recently had decided that two days a week just wouldn't cut it--not enough adjustment for anyone, and I would rather have full timers anyway. Then before I could tell his mom this, she tells me what his last day will be pre-baby...and it's only 6 weeks away! Now to tell her about not letting them come back...

but I already feel better!
MommyMuffin 08:40 AM 03-29-2011
Way off topic but:
I read the beginning of your post and I immediately thought that you were talking about only having 6 weeks left until your baby was due. Way off topic but how much longer do you have? I know your a few weeks ahead of me.

And is it going to be a boy or girl?
MommyMuffin 08:45 AM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
and one of my more challenging dcks will be gone. In a way I will miss him because I've had him half his life, he's very sweet, and his mom is great, but...

man, is he a challenge. This is a 17 month old who appears to have some very high anxiety that I have never figured out how to handle. He doesn't sleep enough, and occasionally freaks out if I sit down or get up or other things...starts to cry and I can't figure out why. His stuff got markedly worse after he was home for Christmas for two full weeks and has deteriorated from there. Now he's hitting "toddlerness" and every toy is HIS and his alone, etc, etc, etc.

His mom is having another baby (due two weeks after me) and was planning on coming back after a 3 month maternity leave, and only bringing the kids two days a week. Originally I gave her a hesitant "yes", and recently had decided that two days a week just wouldn't cut it--not enough adjustment for anyone, and I would rather have full timers anyway. Then before I could tell his mom this, she tells me what his last day will be pre-baby...and it's only 6 weeks away! Now to tell her about not letting them come back...

but I already feel better!
I have a child in my care that is kind of like that. He is 19 months and whines and cries randomly for no reason. He hardly sleeps and is constantly pulling on my legs. I am hoping by keeping strong in my rules that he will catch on.

The problem is: just like yours he only comes part time. I have decided that I only want 4 dcks and they need to be fulltime to make it worth my while. After my baby comes I am going to try to weed out the part timers and fill them with full timers if I can. If you feel good about it then it was a good decision for your daycare. Its hard to find the right fit.
SilverSabre25 08:46 AM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Way off topic but:
I read the beginning of your post and I immediately thought that you were talking about only having 6 weeks left until your baby was due. Way off topic but how much longer do you have? I know your a few weeks ahead of me.

And is it going to be a boy or girl?
It's a boy; I've got about 9 weeks until my due date and 6 weeks to being full term . Thanks for asking! I've been nesting like crazy (hence today's naptime plan to organize the laundry room ) and today is the first day I've noticed an actual full-blown Braxton Hicks contraction that wasn't isolated to just one area. My sister is due in 3 weeks.
Tags:challenging child, nesting, pregnant
Reply Up