Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh.. Come On!!!!
youretooloud 12:07 PM 04-11-2011
They can't ALL be pregnant! They work together! Why didn't they plan this a little better.

I have FOUR daycare moms having a baby (all boys no less) in September. They all work in the same school together. What on earth does that school serve in the teacher's lounge?

Two others are having a baby in July. (I'm keeping one of them, but not the other)

How am I supposed to choose between the four teacher's babies? I can have one of them, plus the one due in July. But, I can't handle any more than that.
DCMom 12:14 PM 04-11-2011
Good luck with that one! I call it job security, lol.

I had something similar four years ago this month ~ three babies all here within a week of each other. I had to get a variance and an assistant, but we survived! One turned 4 last Wednesday, one today and one will be on Wednesday.
daycare 12:22 PM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Good luck with that one! I call it job security, lol.

I had something similar four years ago this month ~ three babies all here within a week of each other. I had to get a variance and an assistant, but we survived! One turned 4 last Wednesday, one today and one will be on Wednesday.
I am in the position right now that I have a family that is PG. They have two kids here now and want the baby to come here as well. If I take on the baby, I would have to hire an asst. I am scared to death to do this...

How did you go about hiring one and how did you decide what you would pay your asst.

I am trying to crunch all of my numbers right now as well as figure out what I will have to do to increase my current group with licensing...

sorry to steal your post..lol

Yeah don't drink the water at their job....lol
SilverSabre25 12:29 PM 04-11-2011
Wow, that's a lot of pg mamas! I swear there's a baby boom going on all over the country right now! There are SO MANY pg people...it's like now that the Baby Boomer generation is hitting seniority the government spiked the water all over the country with something, lol.

I have a similar dilemma...4 dc families, two are pg, one is trying, one assures me she does NOT want another baby. I am pg too, and can only have 3 kids under 2 at a time. Aye yi yi...
Unregistered 01:40 PM 04-11-2011
YIKES! I am pg and all the calls I get are for people expecting a baby and want to start while I am on maternity or right after. With the kids I have now I can't take them; well not with mine on the way too. GRRR.....
mickey2 02:33 PM 04-11-2011
Wow!! Me too! I have one momma due in April, one in May, one in September and another in October.
cheerfuldom 05:18 PM 04-11-2011
goodness, thats crazy. Do you like all the daycare families equally? Are you sure all the moms are returning to work? Now would be a good time to pick and choose the best families and re-work the daycare around just them. You can term anyone else. At least you have lots of choices and don't have to take any old family off the street!
Cat Herder 05:32 PM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I have FOUR daycare moms having a baby (all boys no less) in September. They all work in the same school together. What on earth does that school serve in the teacher's lounge?
Sounds like the Christmas Break included alot of bad weather or less travel in general.....
youretooloud 05:48 PM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Sounds like the Christmas Break included alot of bad weather or less travel in general.....

Well, we did have one big storm.

But, Really... I was still covering my citrus trees with old sheets. How did they find the time?
Cat Herder 06:12 PM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
Well, we did have one big storm.

But, Really... I was still covering my citrus trees with old sheets. How did they find the time?
I notice patterns, too. I had 3 pregnant at the same time last year.

My rule is still first born first served....

I turn a deaf ear to those who point out that almost ALL of my current infants were premature. I don't even want to think about it....

I have one who is next on my waiting list due in three weeks.... I feel so bad each time she calls. I told her 3 years minimum when she called and got on the list to begin with.....barring someone moving, I just can't help her.

Ugh, it is always so hard isn't it?
gkids09 12:13 PM 04-12-2011
I also do first born, first served...I also do siblings before any others on the waiting list (including cousins, siblings always come first).

Sounds like all of yours ARE siblings though, so I'd definitely have to go to the first born thing...

I will be in your position this time next year. I don't take kids until they turn a year old, and I will have FIVE who are ready within days of each other next year. I don't really know what to do...I will have four ready to go to Kindergarten, but I don't know if they will all go, or what.

Good luck!! I know it's a very tough decision to make...I'm trying to decide which of two to take this year, and it's all rolling back to the first born thing. I just hope the first born walks first, because they also have to be walking to start! lol
Abigail 12:22 PM 04-12-2011
LOL, baby booming again! Everyone I talk to knows at least one pregnant person and it seems like since I got married we've started a monthly-wedding of friends or family ever since. Now we're wondering who in the family will get pregnant first. I personally hope it's me. Everyone goes over-the-top for first born in the family. LOL

All our dck's are 12+ months and now we recently started a 3 month, next week a just-old-enough-to-enroll, and next month we'll have one born. I bet this happens every other year when the older kids start school. We lost 3-4 this past fall for school, but I think only 2 will start this fall.
GretasLittleFriends 05:27 PM 04-12-2011
There really must be something! I had a dc mom deliver the end of March. I have two cousins (brothers) whose wives are pregnant. One is due beg of June, the second due End of July. My husband has a cousin and a cousin's wife that are both pregnant. One is due end of August the other beginning of September. Our youngest will be a year old in 2 weeks and 2 days, and people are starting to ask when we're having another one. We have 3 already... My answer is typically laughter.
SilverSabre25 06:14 PM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
There really must be something! I had a dc mom deliver the end of March. I have two cousins (brothers) whose wives are pregnant. One is due beg of June, the second due End of July. My husband has a cousin and a cousin's wife that are both pregnant. One is due end of August the other beginning of September. Our youngest will be a year old in 2 weeks and 2 days, and people are starting to ask when we're having another one. We have 3 already... My answer is typically laughter.
I'll be delivering our second somewhere between the beginning of May and the middle of June (actual due date May 31)--since we're having a boy and already have a girl I'm anticipating the "well, you're done now, right?" comments to start flowing, especially from my ILs. My BIL and SIL just had a baby boy at the end of Dec (they already had a girl) and are done so there's going to be tremendous pressure from that side of the family to be done now...

we're not done though. I want at least three kids of my own. I will have to wait until my oldest doesn't count in my daycare numbers anymore, though...

(oh, and not only did SIL just have a baby and my own sister is due, well, any day now really, but two of my DH's cousins/cousins' spouses are having babies between July and October)
Tags:pregnant
Reply Up