Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Excessive Crying
bbbrooklynsmommy 04:16 AM 04-05-2013
I wrote bout an infant I just have gotten. She is nine monthes old. I have had her for over a week now and as long as all my attention is on her shes fine but as soon as its off her she starts crying excessively. I always go about my routine as normal i do no hold her often. I always make sure shes clean feed and not tired but the crying still persists. Shes disrupting the other kids and i just dont know what to do anymore. I will take all advice i can!
My3cents 04:25 AM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by bbbrooklynsmommy:
I wrote bout an infant I just have gotten. She is nine monthes old. I have had her for over a week now and as long as all my attention is on her shes fine but as soon as its off her she starts crying excessively. I always go about my routine as normal i do no hold her often. I always make sure shes clean feed and not tired but the crying still persists. Shes disrupting the other kids and i just dont know what to do anymore. I will take all advice i can!
get her interested in something and reassure her that she is ok. I know attention span is probably not there for more then a few minutes but encourage self play and being ok in her own space. Find something she likes a lot and save it for those moments when you can't be right with her. It might be a case of she needs to be held and comforted for a bit. UGH--- tie your rope strong and hang on for the ride of this phase. Curious to see what other suggestions you will get.
Lavender 06:36 AM 04-05-2013
We have a baby like that. She has been with us 3 months now and she is getting better, but I think it's more about us figuring out tricks. We've found things that comfort her such as her blanket next to her face (we hand it to her and she holds it there) or other things. I do things like get her playing on the floor between my legs and gradually move away without her realizing. Eventually she is playing without me. I feel like the more often she realizes that she is alone and okay, she is getting more confidant with it. We also for sure avoid soothing her by picking her up whenever possible. She still has her bad times, but it is so much better than day 1. In talking with mom we've come to realize that she is held by adults most of the time at home. By being open communicating about the struggles, mom has been working at it more at home as well which is reflected at daycare.
Tags:crying - all day, screaming
Reply Up