Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Daycare Worker Arrested...
BrooklynM 10:55 PM 11-04-2013
Here is a link to the story. When I heard it on the news what really caught my attention was what time she was arrested- 7:00am!!! They must have gotten a tip from someone. I'm sure we will hear more about the case. I'll post an update if I hear any more.

http://gilroy.kionrightnow.com/news/...d-endangerment
TwinKristi 11:12 PM 11-04-2013
Jeeze Louise! 7am??
coolconfidentme 04:10 AM 11-05-2013
Sad...
CedarCreek 06:33 AM 11-05-2013
Who the heck is drunk at 7am??
daycarediva 06:54 AM 11-05-2013
She is probably an alcoholic. My SIL has substance abuse issues (in rehab now) and she is often drunk/drinks and then drives into work that early. She is at the point where she NEEDS alcohol to function 'normally'.

Very sad about this case.
TwinKristi 07:33 AM 11-05-2013
HA! Yeah, I had a DC provider when I was a working mom who was already drunk and sobered up by the time I got there at 5:15pm. She is still in business as well. She's the reason I started doing DC to begin with because I couldn't trust anyone to watch my children, let alone an infant, anymore. It was a horrible experience I wouldn't wish upon any parent. I feel horrible for those who's children were with her when she was arrested. Menlo Park isn't too far from me!
Unregistered 08:15 AM 11-05-2013
I don't think the article said she w a s driving, but it is disturbing.
Lyss 03:35 PM 11-05-2013
I worked at a center once where the cook also was an alcoholic... and no one did a damn thing as long as she sobered up by the time she had to do van runs (afterschool pick up ).

I didn't last long and reported them to licensing but 2 years after I left I talked to a friend who had recently been hired (and then quit after 2 weeks) and guess what? She was still employed and occasionally keeping vodka in the freezer.
Michael 03:38 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Who the heck is drunk at 7am??
A drunk
MotherNature 07:09 PM 11-05-2013
That's sad.
Tags:bad providers, provider arrested
Reply Up