Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Book Choice
Unregistered 05:23 AM 02-22-2021
This is joyfulnoise but I can't remember my password! Anyway Ive been taking my school age kids to the library once a week to choose library books to read at my house. However, I have one 9 year old who can't find a single book that I find appropriate for him to read at my house. I realize that I am more conservative with what I allow my kids to read than some parents, but I've made a conscious effort to loosen the reins where he is concerned but we still can't find a compromise. He chooses books like the Walking Dead, Naruto (which I found sketches of scantily clad women sitting in a circle with men drooling over them in the book), & any graphic novels he can find that have bloody pictures or violence. I've suggested the Bad Guys series, Captain Underpants, DogMan, & the like. But they don't hold his interest. He is looking for the thrill of a violent encounter which I'm just not ok with. How would you handle this? I seriously dread taking him at this point b/c it's just going to be me saying no to everything he picks up the whole time we're there.
Tags:book suggestions
Up