Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Vacation Days
DanceMom 08:08 AM 08-24-2010
Do you have for yourself ? I have 10 but I NEED more !!!!! I want to add 5 more in next years contract but that's pretty steep to spring on them.

How many do you have ( vacation/personal paid days ) ?
tymaboy 09:10 AM 08-24-2010
I have 10 pd holidays & I have it marked in my policy that I can take up to 4 weeks vacation. My vacation is unpaid & I rarely ever take 2 weeks off a yr.
ninosqueridos 09:23 AM 08-24-2010
hmmmm....I just read through and I don't have a limit to my vacation days I do tell them MONTHS in advance about vacation though and this year so far it has only been a week (5 days).
MommyMuffin 09:58 AM 08-24-2010
I have in my contract 10 paid holidays specified. Are these paid holidays?
I remember as a parent finding it hard to find care for my child when there were holidays I did not get off. I would try to take the holidays off in advance so I didnt have to pay twice, (pay provider and someone to watch her), it was a deal breaker for me, it wasnt worth the money and stress to stay with that provider.
BUT
I think you know your clients best!
DCMomOf3 10:00 AM 08-24-2010
I have the standard paid holidays and then I say any vacation I take beyond that is unpaid.
DanceMom 10:09 AM 08-24-2010
I guess after thinking about it I have 10 paid vacation/personal days and I also have 11 paid holidays so I better leave it alone !

Luckily all my families have retired parents that watch their kids everytime I am closed so no one has to pay another person ontop of paying me
misol 11:28 AM 08-24-2010
I have 12 paid holidays, 5 paid sick days, and up to 3 weeks of unpaid vacation.
DCMom 11:34 AM 08-24-2010
I have 10 paid holidays, 10 vacation days at 1/2 rate and 7 paid personal/sick days. Any other time off that I take is unpaid.

I have always had one week paid vacation; then I went to two weeks at 1/2 rate so the effect was the same. For awhile, instead of raising my weekly rates I added paid personal/sick days each year. It's a painless way for you to get them.
boysx5 11:40 AM 08-24-2010
I take two weeks paid vacation a year always in the summer and give notice in Jan. I also take the normal days like labor day and the other holidays
legomom922 02:15 PM 08-24-2010
I have the majot holidays pd but only IF they happen to fall on a regular scheduled day. I take 1 wks vacation and that is not pd and I have no pd sick days, however I do give the parents 3 sick days a yr. Parents also pay me for any vaca they take up to one wk.

I may be more leienant, however, I also remember what its like to have a child and need care. Treat others the way you want to be treated is my motto. I don't want to price myself out of the ballpark, and lose a good client to someone else, or a daycare center
Tags:vacation
Reply Up