Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Dress Code Policy
countrymom 11:52 AM 01-07-2011
I'm doing my hand book, and I'm stuck at dress code policy. I used the search engine and didn't find anything and even googled it. so what is everyones dress policy. I need something that also says that you need to bring your child dressed and not in his pjs because I don't have time to dress them everyday.
lvt77 11:54 AM 01-07-2011
dress code policy for_____________ normal every day or potty training?
misol 12:15 PM 01-07-2011
Here is part of my dress code policy:

Children should arrive clean, fully dressed, and ready for each day. Your child should be dressed in comfortable, seasonally-appropriate PLAY clothes. Being a kid is messy business - spills happen at mealtimes, our art and craft activities are messy, and we spend a lot of time outdoors at the playground and in the garden. Please do not send your child in clothes or shoes that you do not want stained. Hats, mittens, and coats should be free of long strings as they pose a strangulation hazard around playground equipment. Shoes should be comfortable and provide adequate protection for the feet during outdoor play. Flip-flops, slip-on shoes, and open-toed sandals are prohibited as they present a safety hazard.

For sanitary reasons, shoes are not allowed on carpeted areas inside the home. If you do not want your child to go barefoot, please be sure he/she has a pair of slippers or non-skid socks to wear everyday.
lvt77 12:20 PM 01-07-2011
awesome!! the only thing that I have in addition is that I ask for the clothes to propely fit. I have some DCK that come with pants 2 sizes to big and it restricts their play, makes them trip alot too...Change of clothing, and shoes that are easy for the child to take off and on. Shoes that tie are usually shoes that get tied in knots, frustrating the child.
oh and If little girls are still in diapers, they must have something under th3e dress to secure the diaper....just in case of a really messy diaper...
Live and Learn 12:27 PM 01-07-2011
I would add no overalls or tights during potty training AND...........
No tutus or princess costumes for daily wear...(what the hec!?)...don't ask!!
Live and Learn 12:29 PM 01-07-2011
One more item....during summer bicycle shorts required under dresses and skirts.
Live and Learn 12:36 PM 01-07-2011
One last item!....underwear are required!....I had a DCG several years ago come without panties several times....she was learning to dress herself but her mom laid out her clothes and it DCG didn't like the panties mom laid out she wouldn't wear them AND!!!!.....THE MOM NEVER CHECKED!!!....even after she did this a few times!....even when wearing a skirt and heading to kinder from my house. I only had ugly boy underwear for her here and that is what she had to wear to school.....never "forgot" to wear panties again!!
Blackcat31 12:37 PM 01-07-2011
I hate sandals for kids under 4. They are just learning to run as it is...****nning in sandal?!?! IMPOSSIBLE! I would rather skip the skinned toes and knees.

the part above that says *****nning is the word running. I dont know why it is blocking it ???
nannyde 02:14 PM 01-07-2011
Clothing: Parents are requested to send their child in comfortable and easy to manage clothing. Please do not send your child to day care in clothing that has many snaps. Outfits requiring you to remove the top in order to get to their diaper area are not acceptable as they are too time consuming for changes. Overalls are not acceptable for children being potty trained.

All children who are not potty trained must wear onesie undershirts with secure snaps. Babies wearing footie jammies or outfits must have a pair of socks on also. All children must wear socks or slippers that the child can not remove or do not easily come off during clothing changes. We recommend Robeez brand slippers and can assist you in finding a pair for your child at a reasonable cost. If a child removes their socks during play time we will not hunt for them. We will return them when we come upon them. For sanitary reasons, we do not allow staff or children to go barefooted in the house or wear just a diaper in the day care.

We keep the house cool in the summer and fairly cool in the winter. (Nan is hot blooded) Feel free to overdress your child. We can always remove layers to make your child comfortable. Dress your child for the coldest part of the day and we will take it from there.

No hats, barrettes, jewelry, watches, belts, or clothing with strings attached. We do not allow hoodies with strings or jackets with strings. No indoor wear hoodies at any time for any age child. Children may have hoodies for outerwear for outside only (outside spring and fall jackets). They can't wear them inside the house. Any bottoms with drawstrings are not allowed.

We need three spare complete head to toe outfits for the kids under two and two outfits for the kids over the age of two. We will pass them back as the children outgrow them.

We provide shoes, coats, hats, gloves, boots, and snow suits for each child. Parents are not required to bring their child in weather appropriate outdoor gear. We will make sure they have everything they need every day.
Tags:dress code
Reply Up