Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Can Electronically Check Your Records
Unregistered 09:44 AM 02-18-2011
Just found out my food program lady can electronically check my meal plans and food counts from her home computer anytime she wants.

I usually put my daily meals and counts on here after lunch so I dont forget but for those of you who get a day or so behind they can tell.

And ours will no longer let you electronically submit your info before the end of the day on the last day of the month. It has to be after your last meal of the day is served. Just thought you might like to know.
snbauser 09:51 AM 02-18-2011
Ours is the same. We are told that we can NOT enter a meal attendance until after the meal is served. You can go into their meal planner and plan your meals ahead of time but the actual attendance can't be done in advance. And yes, they can see when you enter them. We are also told that if don't enter them same day that we must have physical documentation of what was served and who was serverd.
Blackcat31 11:04 AM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just found out my food program lady can electronically check my meal plans and food counts from her home computer anytime she wants.

I usually put my daily meals and counts on here after lunch so I dont forget but for those of you who get a day or so behind they can tell.

And ours will no longer let you electronically submit your info before the end of the day on the last day of the month. It has to be after your last meal of the day is served. Just thought you might like to know.
Your food program coordinator didn't explain this to you? Mine told me the same time I downloaded the MMK software.....I was fully aware of the benefits (and downfalls) of being tied electronically to the food program.
marniewon 11:31 AM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Your food program coordinator didn't explain this to you? Mine told me the same time I downloaded the MMK software.....I was fully aware of the benefits (and downfalls) of being tied electronically to the food program.
My FP lady never said a word to me about it, although I've often wondered if they could or not. This is the first I've heard it confirmed that they can. What would be the point of it? At their visits they check your attendance and check your entries in the program. In between time, even if they check it, and it's not up to date, what can they do? They don't know if you are keeping a physical diary of what you are serving. And, mine at least, has never asked for one from me, even though I get behind all the time. I do catch it up, but I don't input every day.
misol 11:35 AM 02-18-2011
Mine never explained this to me but if I had given it some thought I should have been able to figure it out. I sometimes get a day or two behind but usually do it each day. Oh well, if they haven't said anything to me yet or kicked me off by now, I must not be too bad

Now that I think about it, my rep told me that if I don't get to enter it into the computer every day it was fine. As long as I used he meal checkoff form, I could then enter them whenever I have the time.
Blackcat31 11:52 AM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
My FP lady never said a word to me about it, although I've often wondered if they could or not. This is the first I've heard it confirmed that they can. What would be the point of it? At their visits they check your attendance and check your entries in the program. In between time, even if they check it, and it's not up to date, what can they do? They don't know if you are keeping a physical diary of what you are serving. And, mine at least, has never asked for one from me, even though I get behind all the time. I do catch it up, but I don't input every day.
My coordinator told me that she is honestly not going to take the time to check all the providers in her area in regards to food/meal counts and menus but she said by law she was suppose to inform me of the fact that it was possible for her to do it. She also went on to explain that she thought in all honesty that the point of it was to be able to monitor a provider IF the provider was under suspicion of falsely claiming children or for providers who were on any type of disciplinary action or probation due to falsifying records or not doing them according to the rules.

I guess the gist of what she said was that it wasn't something the food program was going to do unless there was a reason to do so. So in essence, if you are following the rules and doing what you are suppose to, who cares if they can see our records?
snbauser 02:50 PM 02-18-2011
Okay.....this thread jinxed me today LOL!!! My FP lady showed for afternoon snack today.
Unregistered 03:53 PM 02-18-2011
I guess the only thing it made me think of was that they could random check you at anytime and if you are the kind of person who doesnt do it everyday as you are supposed to they could check you every day and then stop by and not pay you for that day. Just thought it was interesting that they can look at the time and date you fill it in. I have never gotten declined for payment because I fill in every afternoon but it is interesting.

And no mhy coordinator did not notify me of this when I signed up for the online version. I would have however done it anyway as the benefits outweigh the consequences.
Tags:food program
Reply Up