Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation Clause
VAmomof4 01:54 PM 11-19-2018
What does everyone have in their contract about vacations?

Mine says "The daycare will take 2 weeks paid vacation per year. Each child is given 1 weeks vacation per contract year (does not pay for daycare.) Exception to this instance is when a family has multiple children enrolled in the daycare. In this instance one week is granted for the family, and not per child."
I wrote this thinking The family wouldn't pay at all but someone told me that they would still pay for 1 of their children. Thoughts?
mommyneedsadayoff 01:59 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by VAmomof4:
What does everyone have in their contract about vacations?

Mine says "The daycare will take 2 weeks paid vacation per year. Each child is given 1 weeks vacation per contract year (does not pay for daycare.) Exception to this instance is when a family has multiple children enrolled in the daycare. In this instance one week is granted for the family, and not per child."
I wrote this thinking The family wouldn't pay at all but someone told me that they would still pay for 1 of their children. Thoughts?
I would change your wording from "each child", to one unpaid week per family. In that case, they are not allowed to bring either children for the week that they are not paying and must give XX days prior notice before using their free week.
Blackcat31 02:37 PM 11-19-2018
I gave up trying to give parents free or discounted days and/or vacations. It was too troublesome as it seems everyone interprets the policy differently or has some "one time" issue that doesn't apply.

Now I just charge all families their same weekly rate 52 weeks a year and keep the rate assigned to each child the same as the day they enrolled.

Works nice as I can budget easily and clients know exactly what their daycare costs per child will be for the entire length of their enrollment with me.

I don't think that helps or answers your specific question but wanted to share in case it was a option for you to just eliminate the vacation policy all together.
Cat Herder 04:50 AM 11-20-2018
I got tired of the paid vacation arguments so I base my tuition on 50 weeks (instead of 52) and *don't charge* for my two weeks vacation (taken separately to minimize disruption). *I am already paid for it in basic tuition.

I do not discount for national holidays that fall during the daycare week. I do not take an alternate day for those that fall during the weekend. Sometimes it is my win, sometimes it is theirs.

I do discount for the extra couple days I take for my convenience like Black Friday and New Years Eve Day. Those two are notorious for late pick-ups, sick kids and drama. No thanks. I am considering adding the day after Halloween to that list.
Tags:vacation policy
Reply Up