Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Kitchen Remodel (Again!) + Appliances
Unregistered 08:58 AM 09-13-2019
I've read through a few of the kitchen remodel threads but couldn't find an answer to my question. We completed a kitchen remodel that was well over $2500 and will need to be depreciated.

My question is, must the appliances and other things we bought for the remodel also be depreciated or can their T/S% be claimed in one year because they are individually less than $2500? Dishwasher, fridge, stove, storage shelves, handles for the cabinets, a new sink faucet etc.

Any insights are appreciated!
TomCopeland 01:24 PM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I've read through a few of the kitchen remodel threads but couldn't find an answer to my question. We completed a kitchen remodel that was well over $2500 and will need to be depreciated.

My question is, must the appliances and other things we bought for the remodel also be depreciated or can their T/S% be claimed in one year because they are individually less than $2500? Dishwasher, fridge, stove, storage shelves, handles for the cabinets, a new sink faucet etc.

Any insights are appreciated!
Claim the time-space% of the appliances (dishwasher, fridge, and stove) n one year. If the remaining items cost less than $2,500 deduct them also in one year. If you only put in the appliances, shelves, handles and faucet, then deduct the time-space% of everything in one year, regardless of the cost.
Tags:depreciation, depreciation - home inventory, kitchen appliance, kitchen remodel, remodel, time space percentage, tom copeland
Reply Up