Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Minute Menu
Patches 06:35 AM 03-08-2013
I claim online using minute menu but I also want to keep track of the meals and snacks I serve that I can't claim on the food program, so that I can get the tax deductions for them. Is there any way I can keep track of all of the meals and snacks I serve on minute menu without turning those "extra" meals in to my food program sponser? I don't want to get in trouble for trying to claim too much, but I also don't want to miss out by not recording the other meals I serve.
Hope that makes sense!
snbauser 06:47 AM 03-08-2013
Check with your food program rep. Here we have to enter ALL meals/snacks we serve. The food program automatically picks the 3 biggest reimbursement items for us. So when I was serving morning snack I would enter breakfast, AM snack, lunch and PM snack in for every child that I served. For the children that were there for all 4, I would get reimbursed for the breakfast, lunch, and one snack (typically AM).
Meeko 06:52 AM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
I claim online using minute menu but I also want to keep track of the meals and snacks I serve that I can't claim on the food program, so that I can get the tax deductions for them. Is there any way I can keep track of all of the meals and snacks I serve on minute menu without turning those "extra" meals in to my food program sponser? I don't want to get in trouble for trying to claim too much, but I also don't want to miss out by not recording the other meals I serve.
Hope that makes sense!
Our food program tells us to claim it ALL. When we get our monthly statement, it will show that the "overage" was disallowed and we are not paid for it. So...I CLAIM for breakfast, lunch and TWO snacks. Of course, I can only be PAID for two meals and ONE snack.

HOWEVER......when we get our end of the year tax statement from them, it shows all our paid meals AND our non paid meals, so we know exactly what we served and can claim.

Call your program and ask them. I used to struggle with only claiming the minimum and then trying to keep track of extra snack numbers myself. SOOO much easier to have them do it!!!
Tags:minute menu kids
Reply Up