Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monthly Statements? What Form Do You Use?
Crazy8 12:04 PM 01-31-2012
anyone have a good form to use for monthly statements? I have a client requesting them now - need it for their flex spending account.

I have a real basic form in excel that I have used for years as a yearly statement - I give it to everyone this time of year for their taxes. But I fill it out ahead of time with the dates for ALL 52 WEEKS of the year so it might be a pain to use this as a monthly statement for her.

anyone have a good form to use? is there anything specific they might need for this flex spending thing??
MarinaVanessa 12:14 PM 01-31-2012
When I did a flex payment I divided my weekly rate for the client by 5 days to figure out their "daily" rate. Then I just multiplied that rate by the number of days in that month. My client still paid me weekly but they just turned in the monthly statement. This is the way that they asked for it although I did suggest that they talk to their flex pay representative and tell them that they paid weekly. I'm not sure if they ever did or not but they wanted monthly statements so I did them this way. My client didn't seem to mind that a part of the first week and a part of the last week would get split up so whatev. But they knew that I would not create a statement until the last week of the month was paid.

For example: If they were still clients they would have paid for this week of child care on last Friday and I would have had their prepared monthly statement for January on Monday. I still gave them a weekly receipt of course with the amount that they paid, just in case.
Crazy8 01:55 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
When I did a flex payment I divided my weekly rate for the client by 5 days to figure out their "daily" rate. Then I just multiplied that rate by the number of days in that month. My client still paid me weekly but they just turned in the monthly statement. This is the way that they asked for it although I did suggest that they talk to their flex pay representative and tell them that they paid weekly. I'm not sure if they ever did or not but they wanted monthly statements so I did them this way. My client didn't seem to mind that a part of the first week and a part of the last week would get split up so whatev. But they knew that I would not create a statement until the last week of the month was paid.

For example: If they were still clients they would have paid for this week of child care on last Friday and I would have had their prepared monthly statement for January on Monday. I still gave them a weekly receipt of course with the amount that they paid, just in case.
Thanks. I'll have to ask her if she needs it any specific way. I can do it daily if necessary but I don't want them to get confused by me giving them a monthly and yearly statement done too differently. She did ask if she could pay monthly (in advance) which is fine for me but I don't charge a monthly rate so she will have to pay either for 4 weeks or sometimes 5 weeks at a time, depending on the month.
daycare 01:56 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
anyone have a good form to use for monthly statements? I have a client requesting them now - need it for their flex spending account.

I have a real basic form in excel that I have used for years as a yearly statement - I give it to everyone this time of year for their taxes. But I fill it out ahead of time with the dates for ALL 52 WEEKS of the year so it might be a pain to use this as a monthly statement for her.

anyone have a good form to use? is there anything specific they might need for this flex spending thing??
ever try mmk?? I love love love this program I believe that they offer a 45or 30 day free trial
small_steps 02:05 PM 01-31-2012
I use Minute Menu Kids as well and print her out a monthly statement. I know that the form is supposed to have your tax id number on it and the amount, probably the dates. However, I had another parent from when I worked in a center and I would give her a regular receipt from a walmart recipt book and write our tax id number on there as well as the other info and that worked for her.
Crazy8 02:16 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
ever try mmk?? I love love love this program I believe that they offer a 45or 30 day free trial
no, I never tried it. Will have to see if I can get the trial and take a look at it.
Rachel 02:47 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
Thanks. I'll have to ask her if she needs it any specific way. I can do it daily if necessary but I don't want them to get confused by me giving them a monthly and yearly statement done too differently. She did ask if she could pay monthly (in advance) which is fine for me but I don't charge a monthly rate so she will have to pay either for 4 weeks or sometimes 5 weeks at a time, depending on the month.

If you charge for every day (ie: they don't get sick days off and you take paid holidays), just take your weekly rate, multiply by 52, and divide by 12 to get a monthly rate.

If you take a set number of days off per year, figure out how many weeks to multiply by based on that.
Tags:minute menu kids, minute menu kids pro, mmk, mmk - email reports, mmk - reports, statements
Reply Up