Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Billing Parents
jenboo 07:22 AM 01-17-2014
Do you bill the parents? Do you give them a receipt?
If so, what do you do and why.
Currently they just hand me the check/cash and I log it in my book. I do not give them a receipt or anything. Just wondering if i should be doing something different.
Naptime yet? 07:26 AM 01-17-2014
I don't bill them, every blue moon I have to give a reminder that payment is due, but thus far they've been good about paying. I do give them a receipt from a receipt book, though.
Cat Herder 07:40 AM 01-17-2014
I email online invoices weekly, to be paid in advance. I don't accept attendance if they have not paid by drop off Mondays. Easily enforced that way.

I give them hard copies of their Annual Statement of Account, Total Number of Hours in Care and Payment History with their W-10 on the last day of attendance, before the Christmas holiday, each year.

I like to have all my tax and business stuff squared away before I begin my Holiday Vacation with family. When I come back to work on Jan. 2nd each year... it is really a fresh start.
mema 07:43 AM 01-17-2014
I don't give them weekly receipts unless they ask. I typically just give them a W-10 in January.
snbauser 07:48 AM 01-17-2014
I invoice my parents but only because my schedule can be weird and vary because I follow our school schedule. In the past I never billed them. The only receipt they get is their w10 at the end of the year.
melonieb 11:00 AM 01-17-2014
I send out tuition due text messages. Most of my patents use chase quick pay and my square reader. I only have a few that give me cash. Only cash parents get receipts.
butterfly 11:02 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by mema:
I don't give them weekly receipts unless they ask. I typically just give them a W-10 in January.

melilley 11:16 AM 01-17-2014
I give them a receipt from a receipt book that has carbon copies. I also just recently discovered that if you have MMK pro, you can record payments on there...too bad I didn't realize that last year! I'm still going to give them a receipt though.
Tags:billing, minute menu kids pro, mmk - email reports, mmk - invoicing, receipts
Reply Up