Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment Due Date Falling On Weekend
Luke25 01:28 PM 09-30-2017
I do once a month payments and occasionally the due date falls on the weekend. It's sort of stressful since all of our bills are due on the 1st. What do you do when this happens? Do you expect payment early?
finsup 01:34 PM 09-30-2017
Originally Posted by Luke25:
I do once a month payments and occasionally the due date falls on the weekend. It's sort of stressful since all of our bills are due on the 1st. What do you do when this happens? Do you expect payment early?
I generally get weekly payments but sometimes for people paying to hold a spot, they will pay monthly. I set my payment due date for that to the first Monday of the month. But if you need payments by the 1st, you could change it to payments are due for the upcoming month on the last Friday of that month. Example being, the monthly payment for October would have been due Friday, September 29th. I wouldn't ask for it this time, but I would let parents know starting in October, this will be the new payment schedule.
daycarediva 02:40 PM 09-30-2017
I offer a slight discount (5%) for monthly billing. I collect payments for the upcoming month on the last Friday. My parents that pay monthly paid me yesterday.
LysesKids 03:51 PM 09-30-2017
I explain all payments are due no later than drop-off time the first of each month... when the first falls on a weekend, payments are due the Friday evening before; I was paid in full by all 4 families last night
kendallina 07:19 PM 09-30-2017
I do monthly payments, due on the first of the month. All of my families are paid monthly (university employees.) I've never specified what to do if it falls on a weekend and I don't mind accepting payments on Monday. I had a few people pay me on Friday and the rest will on Monday.

BUT, my clientele is such that I do not have to worry about being paid (they're mostly professors). They're all professionals and they all pay, no worries.

If I had a more unpredictable clientele, then I would be more firm and payment would be due the Friday before (I would accept post-dated for the 1st).
Meeko 07:01 AM 10-02-2017
I have a few that pay monthly. Payment is due on the last Friday of the month in advance for the following month.
Blackcat31 07:16 AM 10-02-2017
I would simply change my policy to say "Payment is due on the last business day of each month"

That way you are never having to worry about the 1st falling on a weekend and funds/payment not being available.
Tags:payment, payment - due date, payment - falls on weekend
Reply Up