Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Computer Program To Keep Track Of Payments
DaycareMama 03:57 PM 11-21-2011
Does anyone use any of those daycare management programs? I am a total paper record keeper but some of these software programs look really cool.

I have looked at minute menu but my state doesn't use it so I think that would kinda be a waste.

I would like to be able to keep track mostly of payments. Be able to figure what the parents owe, state owes, ect.......

Not sure how to convert my methods to modern day technology
Cat Herder 04:08 PM 11-21-2011
I am not on a food program and I LOVE MMK.

It does everything you are talking about PLUS daily sheets, Immunization forms, printing menus for your clients, charts, certificates, attendance......and a million other things. (your end of year statement can include actual hours in care. HUGE eye opener for parents. )

My desk is back to almost 100% personal use. I could not have even imagined that just a year ago.

I don't have to stress over doing Statements anymore... Just push PRINT. It reminds me when Immunizations forms are expiring. I e-bill my clients and they pay online through it.... I could go on, but I won't.

Really, it has cut my workload in half.
daycare 04:52 PM 11-21-2011
also don't forget about the program that was advertised here called the sandbox.

I dont know anything about it, because I use MMK... But you might want to look at that one too.
DaycareMama 05:00 PM 11-21-2011
i am having the problem is with our states new payment system. They now do it every two weeks with the pay periods being the 1st-15th and then
16th-31st. Which then cuts off a regular work week YKWIM? My paper method is getting confusing cause there is always back billing now for weeks that aren't in the set time period. Does that make sense?? They will end a pay period on Wendnesday so half of one week can be in 2 different checks

Please tell me that MMK will help me keep track of this?!
Cat Herder 05:03 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
i am having the problem is with our states new payment system. They now do it every two weeks with the pay periods being the 1st-15th and then
16th-31st. Which then cuts off a regular work week YKWIM? My paper method is getting confusing cause there is always back billing now for weeks that aren't in the set time period. Does that make sense?? They will end a pay period on Wendnesday so half of one week can be in 2 different checks

Ugh... I'd recommend asking Tom in the taxes section.

He would know the answer to this and generally answers over there.
snbauser 05:10 PM 11-21-2011

Yes, MMK can help you track that. When you create an invoice based on a full week, you can apply a partial payment to that week and have a balance due showing. Then when you get the next payment you can go back and apply it to that balance due.
DaycareMama 05:12 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Ugh... I'd recommend asking Tom in the taxes section.

He would know the answer to this and generally answers over there.
It confusing right?? Part of me feels like im just stuck on Monday brain but then I just keep confusing myself
Ariana 06:35 AM 11-22-2011
Ok I'm a total newbie to computer software for this stuff! What is MMK? I tried googling it but nothing related to expense tracking is coming up. Do you pay for it?

Sorry to hijack OP
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Ok I'm a total newbie to computer software for this stuff! What is MMK? I tried googling it but nothing related to expense tracking is coming up. Do you pay for it?

Sorry to hijack OP
Here is a link that explains what MMK is. I use it for free through my food program. I think there is a cost if you don't use it through a food program but don''t know the exact amount that is.

http://www.minutemenu.com/web/mmkids.html
Ariana 06:40 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here is a link that explains what MMK is. I use it for free through my food program. I think there is a cost if you don't use it through a food program but don''t know the exact amount that is.

http://www.minutemenu.com/web/mmkids.html
Thank you!!

This looks pretty cool....
Ariana 06:49 AM 11-22-2011
Not sure I can use it in Canada....
Blackcat31 06:58 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Not sure I can use it in Canada....
Not sure about that. Do they have a help line you could call and ask them?

Try seeing if the Sandbox software is Canadian friendly. Otherwise, I dunno.

http://www.sandboxmanage.com/
Ariana 07:41 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Not sure about that. Do they have a help line you could call and ask them?

Try seeing if the Sandbox software is Canadian friendly. Otherwise, I dunno.

http://www.sandboxmanage.com/
I signed up for the MMK using a state and zip so we'll see what happens. The Sandbox one is Canadian friendly so I'll try both out and see which one is best!

Thanks so much
MarinaVanessa 08:15 AM 11-22-2011
i am having the problem is with our states new payment system. They now do it every two weeks with the pay periods being the 1st-15th and then 16th-31st. Which then cuts off a regular work week YKWIM?
I don't know if this is what you're talking about or if this will help (or even if I can explain it right) but here goes. Your state pays every two weeks and cuts work weeks ... here when I get payment from the state we get paid monthly even though I charge weekly and the first week and last week of the month almost always get cut off for me too. It's kind of the same thing even though it happens to you more than it happens to me.

So what I do is just record my payment on exactly the days that I get paid. In October the 31st was on a Monday and I get paid on Mondays so my families all paid me that day except 1 (state paid). All of these payments applied for October even though they covered only one day in Oct and the other 4 days were November. On the 7th of October I got my check from the state to cover my other family and I applied it to October's income even though it really covered August's payment (our payments are 2 months behind). Do the same for you payments when you're doing your record keeping.

It's just like doing your yearly taxes. If you get paid Fridays for the week in advance and the last day of the year fell on a Friday and all of your clients paid you that last Friday, that income would be applied to the current year and you would claim it on this year's taxes, not the next year, even though those payments were to cover the first week of the next year. Does that make sense? Or maybe I've missed the mark comletely and you're talking about something completely different
Tags:minute menu, minute menu kids, mmk, mmk - email reports, mmk - reports
Reply Up