Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crafts???
Unregistered 11:41 AM 07-08-2010
does anyone have any simple yet fun craft idea's for 3 & 4 yrs olds?
Michael 12:40 PM 07-08-2010
Some earlier posts on crafts: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=crafts
Golden Rule 12:49 PM 07-08-2010
I use Oriental Trading Company's "hands on fun" site for ideas all the time.....

They are very cheap, I order once a year in bulk.... Even if you don't order, most are easy to do, with things you already have, yourself....

IMHO
jenh171 04:04 PM 07-08-2010
my 2 favorites are totallytots.blogspot.com and www.notimeforflashcards.com
QualiTcare 04:09 PM 07-08-2010
just one off the top of my head.....

froot loops and pipe cleaners to make bracelets.....

u can use string, but they get frustrated when they forget to hold the end and they all fall off!
WImom 01:56 PM 07-09-2010
This is a great website with lots of ideas - http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/gen...urceCrafts.jsp
GretasLittleFriends 06:09 PM 07-09-2010
I had a fairly quiet afternoon. I had my 2 month old dd, my 5 yr old ds, a 20 month old dcb, a 2 yr old dcb and a 4 yr old (5yrs on the 27th) dcb. It was the 4yr old's mother's birthday today.

So... he and my 5yr old baked his mom a dozen chocolate chunk cookies for her birthday and he (we) made her a card. It was a tasty (fairly easy) craft. We had chocolate chunk cookies and milk for our afternoon snack. I measured, the boys took turns dumping in the ingredients and stirring the dough. They each also took turns spooning out the dough onto the cookie sheets.
Crystal 09:51 PM 07-09-2010
Anything hands on....digging in soil and planting seedlings, fingerpainting, drawing with crayons, easel painting, drawing with chalk, using ink pads and fingerprints, playing with animals, discovering nature, digging for worms, splashing in water, building sand castles..... and all of the EXPERIENCES that do not have an END PRODUCT, instead of that the child gets real-life, hands-on experiences that teach them about all the basic things a toddler or preschooler needs to know.
Tags:crafts
Reply Up