Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Tired, I Can Barely Function...
sahm2three 07:47 AM 04-07-2011
For no real reason. Stress is a big factor I am sure. Health stuff with one of my kids, work stress (it has been so long since I have had a break during the day that I don't even want to go to bed at night because the morning will come so fast and then I have to do it all over again. That is REALLY hard for me to admit.), stress about having to keep up with everything that I have to do (laundry, cleaning, yard work, etc etc etc). The one year old dcb hasn't slept in days. At all. He is currently screaming in his bed because it is morning nap time. I am trying to muster up enough energy to take the kids outside to play. I just don't know what to do to get out of this funk. I could just cry. I don't know why I am putting this all out here, I just have to get it out somewhere, and feel a bit annonymous here I guess. Just thanks for listening.
momofsix 07:50 AM 04-07-2011
Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope you're able to get some real rest this weekend so you can feel a little refreshed. (((((hugs to you)))))
dEHmom 07:52 AM 04-07-2011
you sound like I was last week and over the weekend....

then i woke up sick 2 days ago. same things i see people posting about on here. kids have all been taking turns being sick, fevers, coughing, snot, sore throat, sleeping, whining, etc.

i started taking 2000 mg of echinacea 3 times a day for 3 days then dropping it by half to 1000 mg 3x for 4 days. tons of vitamin C too. I'm already feeling better, but still a bit of a headache.
missnikki 07:55 AM 04-07-2011
Oh I'm with ya hon. I actually made a Dr's appt about it, because I've been sleeping every single moment I am not responsible for a kid, dragging all day, freezing cold ALL THE TIME and I'm in Southern California where there is no snow and we had 80 degree days last week... I practically fall asleep in my food...and my period is late (NOT prego). Stress, I thought. anemia or thyroid is the word from the doc. I get bloodwork tomorrow.
It is very obnoxious! Hang in there...
Jenjo 08:31 AM 04-07-2011
I hope you get feeling better!!
wdmmom 08:42 AM 04-07-2011
When it rains, it pours!

I went to bed with a migraine, woke up with it too. Dozed off on the couch last night at 630pm for about 20 minutes. There's always places to go, something to do, and work, work, work.

I hope you can take advantage of your weekend like I intend to! Sleeping in!!!
momatheart 08:52 AM 04-07-2011
(((hugs to you)))) I was in a funk a few weeks back and I just now seem to be climbing out of it. Just know that you really are not alone or the only one who ever feels like this.

I think too being a daycare provider we put so much into our jobs that we really drain ourselves.
Can you take a "mental health day" so to speak and just close on Monday? Maybe just a day to do nothing would really help you.
morgan24 08:52 AM 04-07-2011
I would come over and give you a hand if we lived closer. My kids are all off the rest of the week. Put a movie in or turn Dora on and sit down and take a break!! They will live.
Tags:overwhelmed, stressed
Reply Up