Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Wonderful Daughter!!!
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:15 AM 07-13-2011
So last night I was waiting for my last DCP of the day to arrive. It was about 5:13 pm and my hubby pipes up, Really? They cant come any earlier?

My 9 yr old daughter then proceeds to tell him, No daddy they dont want to pick the kids up until the last possible minute. Who wants to spend time with them when they act like that?

She then said that she will stay in school and get her diploma so that she will never have to stay at home to run a dayhome.

I told her that there are alot of people who choose this profession because they love working with children.
She said we are all crazy.

She also told my hubby that now she understands why mommy is cranky all of the time.

God bless her.
DaycareMama 08:24 AM 07-13-2011
sounds like something my kids would say too. she sounds like a very smart girl at 9 to understand how things work already. Kudos to her!!
sharlan 08:25 AM 07-13-2011
..........She then said that she will stay in school and get her diploma so that she will never have to stay at home to run a dayhome...................

But, then she will have to hire somone like Mommy to stay home and take care of her children.
Zoe 08:29 AM 07-13-2011
She sounds like a smart cookie. She knows what she wants, that's for sure!
Country Kids 08:50 AM 07-13-2011
What is sad though is she sounds like she is already burnt out on children and she is only 9! Does she realize she could maybe stay home with her own babies without having to have a daycare home? That is what I would encourage her to do otherwise like someone else said she will just turn around and have to put them in daycare. If her mommy is always cranky wouldn't all daycare providers be cranky in her eyes?
laundrymom 09:10 AM 07-13-2011
I love that little sweetie!!!

My 9 yr old. (9& 11.5/12's according to her, her Bday is this month and she is super proud of learning fractions lol)
She says she is going to be a child care provider when she grows up because it will pay her to raise her babies and she can hug them whenever she wants.

Lol of course my 17 yr old says she is never having kids and living in a kid free building. Lol. But in the same breath hopes her kids have her hair and skin. Lol
MarinaVanessa 09:15 AM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
So last night I was waiting for my last DCP of the day to arrive. It was about 5:13 pm and my hubby pipes up, Really? They cant come any earlier?

My 9 yr old daughter then proceeds to tell him, No daddy they dont want to pick the kids up until the last possible minute. Who wants to spend time with them when they act like that?

She then said that she will stay in school and get her diploma so that she will never have to stay at home to run a dayhome.

I told her that there are alot of people who choose this profession because they love working with children.
She said we are all crazy.

She also told my hubby that now she understands why mommy is cranky all of the time.

God bless her.
ROFL!! I read the first part and thought it was cute, kept reading and smiled, read a little more and burst out laughing. It was great. I LOVE YOUR LITTLE GIRL even though I've never met her .
mrsp'slilpeeps 09:18 AM 07-13-2011
She knows that depending on the day I have had, that there is gonna be a certain mood that follows.

Im sure all of you have certain kids that really get to you some days.

I have many of those kids but i also have some very sweet, well behaved kids aswell.

She knows how this works, she has also been placed in childcare when I had to work.

But yes she is burnt out by certain kids.

When she has her own children it will be her choice in what she is going to do.

Or maybe by the time school starts she will swear that she will never, ever have kids.

What a great birth control method!!
Tags:positive, provider - own child
Reply Up