Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>April Themes?
gkids09 05:20 PM 03-31-2010
Okay, I do themes every week at my daycare. So far, I have found out that
April is National Frog Month (Who knew?!), and Earth Day is April 22. So, one week's theme is going to be Pond Life, and the other, Earth Week. I am really excited about these two because I am actually thinking about seeing if I could buy an aquatic frog to keep as a pet after the week is over. Also, I am thinking of letting the kids plant a (one, not 12) tree at the daycare for Earth Day.
My question is, if anyone else does themes, or if you know of any others I could use, please help me out! This is the first year I've done them, so I am trying to get fun, exciting things, but at the moment my mind is blank. lol
Thanks in advance!!
Preschool/daycare teacher 05:32 PM 03-31-2010
At my other preschool we used different themes every week according to the curriculum, but at my current preschool I'm just now beginning to do themes this Spring. I've been using seasons type themes and doing them bi weekly (sometimes a whole month), though, since we only have preschool two days a week for the 2 1/2-3 yr olds, 3 days for the 4-5 yr olds. March was St Patrick's day and March Winds. April will be April Showers (with rainbows, umbrellas, rain drops, etc), and I haven't decided yet for the other two weeks. May will be May Flowers (combined with mother's day) and graduation. Really simple (but here I'm not following a curriculum right now and make up my own lessons, so I need something quick and simple to come up with).
originalkat 05:37 PM 03-31-2010
I use Funshine Express but the April themes are pretty cute and you could get some ideas from the descriptions

April Showers: Pull your sleeves up and prepare to be elbow-deep in spring learning activities! Puddles, mud, storms, rain, clouds, and gardening are topics covered in this theme.

Birds in Spring: Birds are very busy in the spring. Feathers fly as they build nests, lay eggs, and care for their babies! The children will learn to appreciate the beauty of birds!

Sail Away*: Ahoy Matee! Float along with this aquatic transportation theme. It covers water-related modes of travel, as well as plenty of water table fun! You will see several pirate activities pop up as well! Arrrgghh!
GretasLittleFriends 05:37 PM 03-31-2010
What about ducks or baby birds or baby animals? I always associate April with spring. Of course with spring comes the birth of the animals...

The other thing I associate April with is rain coats, rubber galoshes, and umbrellas...
gkids09 06:01 PM 03-31-2010
I believe I'll do Baby Animals, and April Showers. Thanks so much. (I'm also going to do May Flowers next month.) I LOVE having this forum to go to!!
Tags:themes
Reply Up