Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Concern About Our Director
Unregistered 08:01 AM 12-15-2010
I found out recently that our daycare director (8 infants, 20 toddlers) does not offer her employees any benefits. I often hear many of the staff complaining about her and there has been some turnover in the four months since we enrolled. Plus she recently sent a note to all parents basically bashing the last girl who left saying she had poor values and wasn't concerned for our children because she called in sick a lot, wasn't reliable, etc. Very unprofessional. I want to say something but don't want to rock the boat. Should I be worried???
jen 08:46 AM 12-15-2010
As for the benefits situation, it is not at all uncommon for childcare workers not to recieve benefits. Sad, but true.

Same deal with the high turnover, it's very commonplace..no benefits, poor pay, etc. Honestly, if you are looking for low turnover you are better off at a home daycare. We do have one center in our area that has extremely low turnover, and I've only heard great things, it is also enormously expensive.

Regarding the letter bashing the employee, that was highly unprofessional.
SilverSabre25 01:42 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by jen:
As for the benefits situation, it is not at all uncommon for childcare workers not to recieve benefits. Sad, but true.

Same deal with the high turnover, it's very commonplace..no benefits, poor pay, etc. Honestly, if you are looking for low turnover you are better off at a home daycare. We do have one center in our area that has extremely low turnover, and I've only heard great things, it is also enormously expensive.

Regarding the letter bashing the employee, that was highly unprofessional.
Yep, I'm just going to ditto all this. It sounds like you might be better off finding a different center; that sounds like an unpleasant environment for everyone--the director often sets the tone for the entire place.
Tags:benefits, director, state requirement
Reply Up