Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wording In Handbook For Holidays
treyes 03:34 PM 12-09-2013
Can someone give me an example of your handbook wording on your policy for payment on holidays and missed days.

I do not discount for closed holidays or missed days.

Thank you
Annalee 04:14 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by treyes:
Can someone give me an example of your handbook wording on your policy for payment on holidays and missed days.

Thank you
My handbook is divided into many items....the part about "pay" begins by expressing my realization that child care can be costly. Quality child care is my passion! However, I have chosen this career to support my family as well. Therefore, child care fees are due 52 weeks per year. Child Care is based on spot, not attendance. Then I proceed to list holidays, vacations, personal, emergency without notice, professional days, etc....

These are not exact words, but you could add your own personal touch. I make sure every client understands this before enrollment.. Funny thing is, I have been out and about and had people say "oh, you are the dc that is so adamant about your contract"....well I take that as a compliment. I would rather have fewer parents as long as they abided by my contract than to be "full" and have to fight to get my pay, children picked up on time, etc....
Laurel 04:36 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by treyes:

Thank you
Here is mine:

Fees:

See attached fee schedule.

Payment is due on Monday for the week coming up (prepaid). Payment is expected on days that your child is scheduled to come even if your child is absent that day. This includes days missed because of illness, or staying with grandparents for the day or any other reason.

Vacations/Holidays:

I take off for the major holidays and payment is required for those days. I take off two weeks for vacation but I usually don't take the two weeks together. Occasionally I might want a third week but haven't used that option so far. I will let you know well in advance. You are not required to pay me for my vacation time.

You may take up to 2 weeks of vacation without paying me. Please give me at least one month's notice, more if possible. Anything over 2 weeks is full fee.

Emergencies: If there should be a hurricane warning, I will take a day off to prepare my home. I will let you know as soon as I know in an emergency situation.

The paid holidays are: Christmas (possibly Christmas Eve with no charge to you ), Thanksgiving and the day after, Independence Day, Easter, New Years, Memorial and Labor Day

Laurel
Tags:handbook
Reply Up