Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinions on a "To The Parents Thank You Letter" Please...
Butter Biskets 09:13 AM 06-20-2014
So I my dayhome has previously been a strictly before and after school program, however, I am moving into the direction of providing care for 0-4 year old only. I have already told all of my current families, but wanted to put a thank you letter in my FB group to thank them for the opportunity and to ask for written reference letters. I came up with the following. Could you please let me know if it sounds alright, if you would add or take out anything, etc. Thanks in advance.

Dear Parents,

With the school year coming to an end, as well as the end of my before and after school services, I wanted to thank you all for choosing and trusting me to take care of your children over the last several years.

I have enjoyed watching the boys change and grow up. I loved listening to the latest school gossip and complaints about their teachers. The highlight of my day was sitting at the table with the kids at the end of the school day, listening to how their day went, what they did on the weekend, who was bad at school, or whose dad spent time in jail, lol. What an interesting conversation that was!! I will miss it, but, I have decided to move forward in providing full time daycare for 0-4 year olds.

If you were happy with the level of care I am providing or have provided, I would love it if you would email me a reference letter (or an update, if you had previously written one) for future families. I am finding that parents seem to prefer the letters over the reference list, so, if you wouldn’t mind doing this, I would really appreciate it.

Anyways, thank you all again for giving me the opportunity to watch your children and for the opportunity to gain actual dayhome experience. I know that if it wasn’t for all of you, I wouldn’t be able to move forward in the direction I am moving now, so THANK YOU!!!

Kelly

Okay, so how does it sound?
AmyKidsCo 12:25 PM 06-20-2014
Personally I wouldn't include the "negative" references of complaints about teachers and who was bad at school. I'd rephrase it to something like "joking about teachers" and "the latest excitement at school."
llpa 12:27 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Personally I wouldn't include the "negative" references of complaints about teachers and who was bad at school. I'd rephrase it to something like "joking about teachers" and "the latest excitement at school."

Butter Biskets 01:05 PM 06-20-2014
Thanks. I will change that part. Thanks for helping.
daycare 01:24 PM 06-20-2014
I would also take out the part that says if you were happy about my services I provide.

The way you have it it sounds like maybe you think some people are not happy with your services.......

Maybe say something like this....

Many of you have known me for years and I would appreciate your feed back for future prospective clients. I would like to ask everyone to submit a letter of reference telling about your wonderful experiences here with us at ABC DC.
Butter Biskets 02:16 PM 06-20-2014
Oooo, I like that!! I could tell that I needed to fix that part up, but couldn't think of what to write. Thanks for that! I am so happy that I came on here to check with all of you. I love this forum.
daycare 03:01 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by KellyinCalgary:
Oooo, I like that!! I could tell that I needed to fix that part up, but couldn't think of what to write. Thanks for that! I am so happy that I came on here to check with all of you. I love this forum.
this form is a life saver for many of us
NightOwl 03:21 PM 06-20-2014
I thought the teacher gossip and who was bad at school thing was cute and endearing! Anyway, I'm wondering about the dad in jail comment. Would that particular dad see this letter? Or was that common knowledge with other parents? Yes it's juicy gossip, but I'm wondering about confidentiality. Otherwise, I loved it!
Butter Biskets 04:00 PM 06-20-2014
No, there is no way the dad would ever see it and I guess it has never been a secret - I just heard about it through the kids. The dad in question used to be my sons soccer coach and definitely has a wild side.
Play Care 05:52 AM 06-21-2014
Originally Posted by KellyinCalgary:
No, there is no way the dad would ever see it and I guess it has never been a secret - I just heard about it through the kids. The dad in question used to be my sons soccer coach and definitely has a wild side.
I would not put the jail comment in there. It may not go over the way you intend.
Tags:thank you cards, thank you letter
Reply Up