Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What do You Wear to "Work"?
Unregistered 03:47 AM 09-16-2014
do you wear "street clothes", a uniform, a mix of the two? what generally do you wear? (pants, shorts, dress, etc)

since we never really meet other daycare providers, this one is a big IDK.
coolconfidentme 03:58 AM 09-16-2014
I look like a color coordinated gym teacher. Today's color is blue.
midaycare 04:01 AM 09-16-2014
I wear dress pants and a nice shirt/sweater. In the summer capris or a skirt with a nice top.
DaveA 04:07 AM 09-16-2014
Polo shirt & jeans or jean/ khaki shorts in the summer
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:34 AM 09-16-2014
I wear either jeans/ khakis or capris. On top- polos, solid t's, blouses, sweaters.
I try to be "dressed" but able to play and I wear nothing that I would be mortified if I ruin it.
Annalee 04:45 AM 09-16-2014
I have t-shirts with my logo on them to wear each day.....i have worn scrubs tops many times.....I just try to be comfortable and wear things that are OK to get dirty but still look professional for the day!
Kimskiddos 04:56 AM 09-16-2014
I wear scrub tops and shorts or capris in the summer and scrub pants in the winter with a long sleeve t-shirt under my scrub top.

I love how tough and easy to clean they are and the pockets are great! Plus now they make so many cute fabrics.

No more snotty, painted, bleach splattered regular clothes for me.
Blackcat31 05:30 AM 09-16-2014
More threads on this subject

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=dress+code
jenboo 05:33 AM 09-16-2014
I wear "street clothes"
Tanks
Short sleeve shirts
Jeans
Maxi skirts
Shorts (longer mid-thigh ones)
Second Home 05:51 AM 09-16-2014
I must look awful compared to all of you .

I wear jeans , capri's , a long sleeve t-shirt ,fleece tops in winter ,a sweater , shorts and a t-shirt in summer . My t shirts are plain colors no logos or words , I must have every color of the everyday tee from Kohl's .
Baby Beluga 06:13 AM 09-16-2014
I wear street clothes. Tops with black pants or maxi skirts. Comfortable and easy to move in. When I was in a center we wore uniforms that consisted of khakis and polos.
Unregistered 06:31 AM 09-16-2014
Jeans or black pants(yoga not dressy) Hoodie with pockets in the front.Every day but different colors.Ahhh!!! Comfort! I do shower,put make up on and wear jewelry every day but as far as clothes go I'm all about comfort.Now if we go on a field trip I will wear something a little nicer,we go on three outings a week so the other two days I'm so cozy Best part of the job!
That and the commute.lol
AmyKidsCo 06:39 AM 09-16-2014
"Street clothes" here too. Jeans, nice yoga pants, shorts, capris, sweatshirts, long & short sleeve tees, tank tops (not spaghetti strap), etc. Nothing ripped, stained or bleached, but stuff I can get dirty, sit on the floor in, etc.
NightOwl 08:00 AM 09-16-2014
I wear street clothes and keep it modest to mostly cover my tattoos.
BUT, every two or three weeks, we'll have a pajama day. Those are my FAVORITE! And I get to see my kiddos in their cute jammies.
hope 08:04 AM 09-16-2014
I dress business casual for interviews and tell parents that I dress down for daycare. I let them know that it is not because I don't take the job seriously. I dress down because I spend most of the day either on the floor or holding babies that drewl (sp) all over me. Lol. I wear jeans or sweats most days with a tank top or sweater.
KiddieCahoots 08:17 AM 09-16-2014
Ditto on the "street clothes". Jeans, capris, t-shirts, 3 quarter length sleeve shirts, zip up hoodies, zip up vest....pockets are a must!
melilley 08:24 AM 09-16-2014
Street clothes here.
llpa 08:26 AM 09-16-2014
Jeans and a nice top along w an apron when needed
Crazy8 09:43 AM 09-16-2014
jeans w/basic knit tops - not ugly tees but nothing fancy either. I guess you'd say they are "street clothes"???
SignMeUp 09:53 AM 09-16-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I must look awful compared to all of you .

I wear jeans , capri's , a long sleeve t-shirt ,fleece tops in winter ,a sweater , shorts and a t-shirt in summer . My t shirts are plain colors no logos or words , I must have every color of the everyday tee from Kohl's .
Me too! Can you believe how many shades of blue they have?!
For me:
Jeans and long-sleeve t in winter
Bermuda-length shorts and short-sleeve t in spring, summer, fall
And I always have a hoodie or fleece that I can throw on if needed.
Annalee 10:02 AM 09-16-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
Me too! Can you believe how many shades of blue they have?!
For me:
Jeans and long-sleeve t in winter
Bermuda-length shorts and short-sleeve t in spring, summer, fall
And I always have a hoodie or fleece that I can throw on if needed.
I love my hoodie as well! Keep one on hand year round because I seem to freeze all the time lately!
CraftyMom 01:30 PM 09-16-2014
I dress casual, nothing I want to get ruined. No sweat pants. Maybe loose yoga pants, mostly jeans or capris
nothingwithoutjoy 05:47 PM 09-16-2014
I usually wear a dress; bare legs in summer, leggings when it's cold. When I'm really cold, I opt for nice jeans and a sweater. Jewelry or scarves. I like to look professionally dressed; helps draw the line between teacher and babysitter in parent's minds. I know it will all get muddy/painty/food stained; I do not let my clothes stop me from good play with kids. My stuff mostly comes from thrift stores and is chosen for play (i.e. if I can't sit on the floor, it's no good--so not too short or tight, and it must be washable).
SSWonders 06:32 AM 09-17-2014
Jeans and tee shirts. I need to be comfy and wear clothes that can get grungy. I'm down on the floor with the kids and do a lot of physical things throughout the day. And you all know what manner of "stuff" gets on your clothes.
LeslieG 08:03 AM 09-18-2014
Very casual, but never sloppy. Jeans and nice shirt in the colder months, and shorts (not too short) and capris in the warmer months.
Tags:apparel
Reply Up