Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Ever Tempted To Get Those Test-Taking Dividers?
SilverSabre25 08:49 AM 01-26-2011
To separate the kids while they're eating? I get tired of hearing reports about who's eating or not eating which foodstuff, who's piling food on the table, who's not chewing with their mouth shut, yelling about someone's plate being too close to someone else's, if one starts doing something (like shaking their head) EVERYONE does it...*sigh* I discourage it all as much as I can but some days nothing helps.
lil angels 08:54 AM 01-26-2011
I have had this a few times and the ones that normally start it I have had them eat first then leave the table then have the other come. They don't seem to enjoy eating alone so they seem to behave after that.
snbauser 09:22 AM 01-26-2011
LOL!!! We have talked about doing this on some days. We have a limit on how long we put up with it. After a few warnings we just take their plate away. They usually learn real quick that playing at the table is not acceptable.
MarinaVanessa 09:27 AM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I have had this a few times and the ones that normally start it I have had them eat first then leave the table then have the other come. They don't seem to enjoy eating alone so they seem to behave after that.
Yep, have them eat in shifts. I have all of the littles eat a small table but if one complains alot, plays with his/her food, picks at someone else's food etc. I put that child in a high chair.
mickey2 09:34 AM 01-26-2011
I feed my babies/toddlers first (14 months, 18 months, 23 months and 26 months) then I send them off to play while I feed the 3.5 year old and the almost 4 year old. They each have their own table to sit at now away from each other. My biggest concern is choking as they used to tend to get carried away. While I am feeding the babies and toddlers these 2 must sit quietly read books or do puzzles. It is my almost 4 year old that is the worst one if you let her. She makes all kinds of inappropriate sounds, always was finding something to laugh about and got them all going. Now I have peace!
DCMomOf3 09:43 AM 01-26-2011
would the dividers stop plate and fork theives? My kids have a tendency to try to swipe forks from neighbors or take food they like from other plates.
momofthree 11:26 AM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
To separate the kids while they're eating? I get tired of hearing reports about who's eating or not eating which foodstuff, who's piling food on the table, who's not chewing with their mouth shut, yelling about someone's plate being too close to someone else's, if one starts doing something (like shaking their head) EVERYONE does it...*sigh* I discourage it all as much as I can but some days nothing helps.
Sorry no advice. All the kids I have when they see food it is in their mouth without talking and playing. My group are twos and under and they finished eating withing 20 mins. I guess they are well trained.
Tags:dividers, eating issues
Reply Up