Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letter to parents introducing a sub?
TwinKristi 02:32 PM 05-28-2014
So I have officially found a sub who is certified and able to be here while I'm able to take my kids to upcoming appts. YAY!!

I've already talked to 2 parents about it but need to talk to 2 others and let them know I have a sub and she'll be here for sure on these days and could possibly sub for me on other occasions as needed to avoid closing and inconveniencing everyone. I will give them the option to not attend if they don't feel comfortable, but since I am open and able to provide care, they would still be paying for the day. I would like to offer an intro to the parents and perhaps a small note from a reference highlighting her qualities?
Margarete 08:09 PM 05-28-2014
I wouldn't mention giving them the option to not attend, obviously they can without you mentioning it. Let them know, and a little introduction note with her qualifications, and qualities sounds like a great idea. Be confident in your selection and the parents will be too. If you sound concerned or unsure if they would want to bring their kids those days, then they will be.

I personally would want her to work a day or two beside me before leaving for the day, so she can have a chance to get to know the kids and routine, and the kids can get to know her.
Play Care 03:10 AM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by Margarete:
I wouldn't mention giving them the option to not attend, obviously they can without you mentioning it. Let them know, and a little introduction note with her qualifications, and qualities sounds like a great idea. Be confident in your selection and the parents will be too. If you sound concerned or unsure if they would want to bring their kids those days, then they will be.

I personally would want her to work a day or two beside me before leaving for the day, so she can have a chance to get to know the kids and routine, and the kids can get to know her.

I agree. When I got my subs, I sent out a letter saying this was what was going to happen, singing the praises of the new hire. This is my one subs third year and she basically runs the show when she's on.
TwinKristi 10:57 AM 05-29-2014
Thanks for the advice! I talked to one other mom and will text the other dad about it to let him know I will be sending home a letter about it.
Tags:letter sample, notify parents
Reply Up