Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Do You Charge?
SunshineMama 07:11 AM 05-22-2012
How do you answer this question when you get e-mail responses to your ads?

I charge a bit more than others in the area, but my program is worth it and I have always had parents want to sign on after the initial interview. The problem I am facing, is that, when I get this one line question as a response to my ad, I never hear from the parents again.

Is there a way to answer this so parents will at least consider that the price I charge is worth what they are getting in care for their child?
Blackcat31 07:23 AM 05-22-2012
With e-mails and phone call inquiries I usually say that rates are based on a families individual needs and schedules and if they would like to set up an interview, I would be glad to go over these things with them at that time.

If they persist and really want an answer I just tell them again that I do not have hourly or daily rates that I can just give out as it is dependent on each family's needs.
littlemissmuffet 07:24 AM 05-22-2012
I charge the average rate in my city per month. Some childcares charge as little as $400/month some as high as $800/month so I charge $600/month. There are plenty of people in my city who CAN afford my childcare and want what I have to offer. Those who ask how much I charge and have no interest in my actual program or where their $600/month goes, I don't want. I want parents who see the value in the service they are receiving. At the first comment that my prices are too high, or a request to give a deal I immediately cease communication. My services are reserved for those who actually appreciate what I am offering and appreciate that I am trying to make a living.

I know that some providers do not discuss rates over the phone or through email and only discuss during the interview as to try and sell themselves before giving out a cost of their worth - but that can potentially be a huge waste of time for everyone involved.

Those who inquire with me, I just let know: $600/month - that gets you up to 10 hours of excellent care per day (average $2.75/hour); 3 hot and nutritious home-cooked meals per day; a warm, bright, educational, safe and fun environment for your child each day; craft supplies; daily outings and much more. It's a steal of a deal.
nothingwithoutjoy 09:46 AM 05-22-2012
I charge $65 per day, and it's on the high end for my area. I tell people on the phone, and it was hard at first; I felt like I had to justify myself. But high-quality care is expensive, and I am passionate about worthy wages for teachers. Those who want great care will prioritize it (do I need cable t.v.? or is my child's development more important?). I have a several-year waiting list, based on what I offer, despite what I charge.
krnlvsus 12:04 PM 05-22-2012
my rates are incredibly cheap so I just post it in my ad how much I charge. They can decided if its worth it before they contact me.
thatdivalady 07:14 PM 05-22-2012
I answer the question on the phone with no problem based on what their needs are. I charge a minimum of $30 per weekday for full time and $65 per day for weekend. I also put the rate on ads because I'd rather they know and work it out in their head that they can afford it before calling me. I charge a little more than most folks in my area but as someone posted above me, they can figure out what's important to them. I also offer non-traditional hours so I feel like I can charge what I like so I can get the families I want.
Mydaycare 08:45 PM 05-22-2012
I charge $25 per week day and I still get parents that ask for discounts!!! I do not work on the weekends at all. There is a lady in my area who charges $100 a week PER FAMILY!!! Not per child. How can she be that cheap?!?!?!
Tags:rates
Reply Up