Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with wording please?
Josiegirl 03:56 PM 04-10-2015
I am going to start the process of getting another door put in and a ramp right to the backyard so I have an exit that's safe for the kids. The contractor is going to pull a permit for me but I have to approach the neighbors on all sides and get written approval. I hate to ask them to write it all out(they certainly can if they want!)so I thought I'd have something written up for them to sign or they can do their own. But what would I write?

Then *shudder shudder* I have to go before a board to get it granted, then have to post it on my front door for 30 days in case anyone appeals it. Now what the heck do I have to say to them??
(I hate dealing with stuff like this )

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer!!
Michael 04:28 PM 04-10-2015
Dwelling at "address" would like to construct a door and ramp from the back of the house into the backyard for a safe exit for children.

Neighbor to the right: address and signature

Neighbor to the left: address and signature

Neighbor to the front: address and signature

Neighbor to the back: address and signature

Show a diagram here:
Josiegirl 04:31 PM 04-10-2015
Thank you Michael, that seems easy enough. Just write up one statement and have them all sign it, right?
(I always seem to make things harder than they need to be)
spinnymarie 04:31 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
So I have an exit that's safe for the kids.
This is wha I would say to the board, along with your signatures
Josiegirl 04:33 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
This is wha I would say to the board, along with your signatures
That's what my contractor said to focus on; nobody should 'put up a stink' about that were his words.
Sunshine74 06:41 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I am going to start the process of getting another door put in and a ramp right to the backyard so I have an exit that's safe for the kids. The contractor is going to pull a permit for me but I have to approach the neighbors on all sides and get written approval. I hate to ask them to write it all out(they certainly can if they want!)so I thought I'd have something written up for them to sign or they can do their own. But what would I write?

Then *shudder shudder* I have to go before a board to get it granted, then have to post it on my front door for 30 days in case anyone appeals it. Now what the heck do I have to say to them??
(I hate dealing with stuff like this )

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer!!
I apologize that this is slightly off topic from your question- and it could just be me being naive, but why do you have to get approval of your neighbors to make changes to your own property? It's not like what you are doing is going to be obstructing their views or anything like that. Are you under an HOA?
NoMoreJuice! 09:00 PM 04-10-2015
Sounds like a planning commission meeting that I had to have. My city (no hoa) requires every little thing to be approved at a hearing. It's really not a big deal, I'm sure they will help you through it. Except my city sent a letter to all my neighbors within 200 feet that they could attend the hearing if they chose. Also had the sign on my property for 30 days.

Nobody came to the hearing. Was in and out of there in six minutes.
NoMoreJuice! 09:09 PM 04-10-2015
Dear neighbor,

I wanted to let you know of a project that will be happening in my backyard starting on this date. The project will be ...... and shouldn't interfere with our quiet neighborhood. The purpose of the project will be to allow my daycare children quicker access to the backyard in case of emergencies. I would appreciate your signature below stating that you are aware of the project and you have no objection. If you do have any concerns, please allow me the chance to address them in person. I am obligated to inform you that you are invited to voice your concerns at a (insert name of board) hearing on (date). Thank you for your consideration.

Your neighbor,

I have read the above letter stating _________'s intent to contract a project at her address and I have no objections.
____________________________, Date______________
Reply Up