Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Questions That Make You Think WTF
Ac114 11:34 AM 06-18-2018
So let’s play a game! What are some interview questions you’ve had that made you think WTF to yourself! I’ll go first-

Q: do you have visitors or is your husband home when children are still in your care?

A: I don’t have visitors but my husband is usually home in between 4:30-5 pm everyday. He usually talks for 10-15 minutes about his day and then goes upstairs to shower and relax until dinner is ready which is about the time most kids are gone for the day.

Q: is it possible for him to not return home until all kids have left for the day?

A: no that’s not possible ����*♀️����*♀️

This is his house, go to a center if that’s what kind of special you need!
Unregistered 12:06 PM 06-18-2018
A recent question that pissed me off...
DCM- " You have a dog I see, can you put him away for the entire day and not let my princess see it? My little princess is a bit scared of dogs"

ME- "No, I cannot lock my dog away for the entire day, he is part of our family, this is his home"

In my mind I said screw you dcm.

Unreal
e.j. 12:17 PM 06-18-2018
I had one mom ask, "What do you do if you're outside and a thunderstorm hits? You do bring them inside, don't you?"

No, we like playing a game called "Dodge the Lightening Bolts"? Of course we go inside!
Ariana 12:52 PM 06-18-2018
Cannot say I have had these kind of parents in my home thankfully! Haha!
LysesKids 02:58 PM 06-18-2018
I had an interview a week ago Sunday (out of town family moving here), anyway they asked about why I had so many pics on the CL ad and who the guy was holding babies - Say what?

I am a single Nana with no males in my life & I don't post pics for most part except generic home photos, if i post any. I told them they got me confused with another provider 15 minutes from here (I knew exactly who they were talking about)... then they went on to ask about going to parks etc & I said again, I don't transport, it's the same OTHER PROVIDER you are talking about. Did you not read my policies online? Yes, but we have talked to so many people and have to leave to go back & pack more stuff that it gets confusing. (Isn't that why notes & names are written down?).
sharlan 03:21 PM 06-18-2018
I see you have cats. I don't want Snowflake (4) to get into the litter box.

Not an issue. All litter boxes, cat food, and water are upstairs.

Ok, but I don't want Snowflake to have access to the litter boxes.

As I said, litter boxes are upstairs and the stair case is blocked.

What if the gate is left open?

The gate isn't left open as upstairs is off limits per licensing.

I see you go on outings. I don't want Snowflake to go. Can my mom drive Snowflake to your outings or can she go with you?

Your mom is welcome to drive wherever we go, but she will be responsible for supervising Snowflake and packing her lunch.

Oh, but I don't want Snowflake to feel left out.

NEXT!
Josiegirl 03:45 PM 06-18-2018
Long time ago a parent asked me how I handled fighting with my dh with the dcks here.
hwichlaz 04:15 PM 06-18-2018
I had one ask about firearms and freak out about the answer....despite my husband’s patrol car parked in the driveway.
boy_mom 06:08 PM 06-18-2018
I had a parent request 30 minutes of salsa music to be played each day so their 18 month old could dance to it.....

I had another parent tell me that their screeching infant would calm down if I put her in a swing in front of Sponge Bob.....

I had another parent pick the flowers in my front garden with her little one as she left the interview....

None of them ended up getting a space!
redmaple 06:49 PM 06-18-2018
Q: When you do school runs to pick up the school age children, do you leave the infants here napping in their cribs?

Apparently it was common for home daycares in my area to do this.
amberrose3dg 03:32 AM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by redmaple:
Q: When you do school runs to pick up the school age children, do you leave the infants here napping in their cribs?

Apparently it was common for home daycares in my area to do this.

Oh My!
DaveA 03:47 AM 06-19-2018
I had a parent ask if I had multiple TVs in case brother & sister wanted to watch something different.

One who lived in the same subdivision as me asked if I could keep their 2nd grade child for 30 minutes after he got off the bus then tell him to walk home. DCM "should be home by then". Mind you they drove by my house to get home.

Originally Posted by Ac114:
So let’s play a game! What are some interview questions you’ve had that made you think WTF to yourself! I’ll go first-

Q: do you have visitors or is your husband home when children are still in your care?

A: I don’t have visitors but my husband is usually home in between 4:30-5 pm everyday. He usually talks for 10-15 minutes about his day and then goes upstairs to shower and relax until dinner is ready which is about the time most kids are gone for the day.

Q: is it possible for him to not return home until all kids have left for the day?

A: no that’s not possible ����*♀️����*♀️

This is his house, go to a center if that’s what kind of special you need!
Ah yes- blatant sexism disguised as "understandable concern". I don't get as many of those anymore simply because I've been in the area for so many years I'm kind of known. That and I put my name in all my ads so I don't get as many hang ups as I used to. But I get them. Things like

Who really watches the children? I subcontract out to Tinkerbell and her group of fairies. They work for pixie dust.
Does you wife take care of the kids for you? If she subs for me I owe her big time.
Who changes the diapers? If I find someone who would be willing to be on call to come in and do just that I'm so hiring them.
Are you only allowed to take care of boys?
Jamie 04:01 AM 06-19-2018
As per licensing, we are obligated to let parents have their first visit/interview while current children are in attendance.

DCM: "Do any of them have a language?"
Me: "??? Danish...?"
DCM: "I mean, do any of them talk?"
Me: "... they... They talk and babble as is normal for three 1-year-olds..." (Why don't you ask them?? They're RIGHT THERE?)
DCM: "Do you sing with them? No, that can't be done if they can't talk..."
(Um. I also don't talk to them, and since they can't feed themselves, we never eat. They also cannot change their own diapers, so...)

Another family:
DCD: "What is the difference between a daycare and a center?"
Me: "Well... I live here..."
Tags:interview questions
Reply Up