Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Logged Out, Need Opinions
Unregistered 02:00 PM 03-15-2012
I have a dck who had been previously removed by child protection from one parent and placed in the custody of the other parent. The original custodial parent has since gained custody back. The parent broke up with the boyfriend, and it came out that the bf had been wrongfully punishing (physically abusing) this child. Child has made leaps and bounds, quit stuttering, all sorts of differences noticed.

I was just recently informed that this parent is back with abusive boyfriend. Parent had told me previously (only verbally) that bf was NOT allowed to pick child up from daycare, now just received a text saying bf will be picking child up. I texted back requesting the parent call. I cannot call non-custodial parent as that one lives far away (out of state). She hasn't called, and I am apprehensive in letting this child go with the boyfriend.

Also, the child is fully potty trained, and now that she is back in my care, I am trying to figure out how to check her for signs of abuse (bruises, marks, etc) without seeming like a pervert. I am really torn about this whole situation. Terming is not an option at this point.

Any advice?
Ariana 02:05 PM 03-15-2012
Do you have any court documents regarding this "abuser" bf? Seems odd to me that he can abuse a child and then be allowed to be in contact with him. Something seems off.
Unregistered 03:09 PM 03-15-2012
As far as I am aware there is no court order stating that bf cannot have contact with the child. When it went to court and the child was removed from the house, the mom and bf were blaming the injuries on the child's clumsiness. The child was very clumsy. I didn't have the slightest suspicion before of any wrong doing. How would I find this out as child cases are confidential, and boyfriend was still in the picture when child came back to the mother. It wasn't until mother and boyfriend broke up that the mother confessed to some of her family (that I am very close with) that it all came out the at the bf had abused the child.

The child did have a stuttering problem, but has not stuttered now for quite some time, about the same time that the boyfriend and mom had been broken up. Now that the boyfriend is back, we shall see. I am just very concerned for this child and want to keep a close eye on any bump, bruise, scrape or anything. I am not sure how to do this as the child is clothed and completely potty trained. For example how would I see bruises on the child's butt, if I have no business to be looking?

I will call and report anything that I see, as I want to keep this child safe.
Tags:abusive parents, cps, custody, custody agreement, pick up policy
Reply Up