Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Annual Phenomenon (For Fun)
BumbleBee 09:55 AM 06-18-2018
There seems to be an annual phenomenon over here in my neck of the woods.

Affected ages: generally 5 and under though any child can be affected.

Symptoms include: crankiness, tears, tantrums, general moodiness, back talk, inability to use an inside voice, and lack of focus.

This phenomenon is most prevalent during baseball/softball season and continues throughout the summer and into the first month of school. It generally wanes after the first month of school when parental units reinstate preventative measures though this may take some time.

What is this phenomenon? Why it's chronic sleep deprivation!

The cure is easy peasy lemon squeezy! It's as simple as having a set bedtime as well as a daily nap/rest at the same time each day!

You won't be disappointed by the results! Happier kids, happier parents, happier providers! It's a win-win-win!
gumdrops 09:59 AM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
There seems to be an annual phenomenon over here in my neck of the woods.

Affected ages: generally 5 and under though any child can be affected.

Symptoms include: crankiness, tears, tantrums, general moodiness, back talk, inability to use an inside voice, and lack of focus.

This phenomenon is most prevalent during baseball/softball season and continues throughout the summer and into the first month of school. It generally wanes after the first month of school when parental units reinstate preventative measures though this may take some time.

What is this phenomenon? Why it's chronic sleep deprivation!

The cure is easy peasy lemon squeezy! It's as simple as having a set bedtime as well as a daily nap/rest at the same time each day!

You won't be disappointed by the results! Happier kids, happier parents, happier providers! It's a win-win-win!
Love this!!!

I have a family who comes grumpy every Monday because they have their own backyard pool and they swim all weekend. Mom commented, "it's too bad the kids don't get to sleep in in the summer since they still have to come here". So, it's my fault they are grumpy because I require them to attend to hold their spot.
e.j. 11:49 AM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
Love this!!!

I have a family who comes grumpy every Monday because they have their own backyard pool and they swim all weekend. Mom commented, "it's too bad the kids don't get to sleep in in the summer since they still have to come here". So, it's my fault they are grumpy because I require them to attend to hold their spot.
"Dcm, I hate to think I'm to blame for your kids not being able to sleep in the summer! As a result of your feedback, I've changed my policy. Your kids are no longer required to attend in order to hold their spot. Simply put your payment in the mail each week and I'll hold their spots for you for the summer. It's a win-win! You still get to keep your spot and the kids get to sleep! I'm nothing if not accommodating!"
Unregistered 01:06 PM 06-18-2018
It takes until Wednesday to get my dck's back in line. Then their parents mess it all up again for the weekend.
BumbleBee 01:24 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It takes until Wednesday to get my dck's back in line. Then their parents mess it all up again for the weekend.
That's usually how it is here. Last week it took until Thursday afternoon!
happymom 02:33 PM 06-18-2018
It is so hard when the sun isn't going down until 9:30/10pm in some parts of the country!
Leigh 08:13 PM 06-18-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
"Dcm, I hate to think I'm to blame for your kids not being able to sleep in the summer! As a result of your feedback, I've changed my policy. Your kids are no longer required to attend in order to hold their spot. Simply put your payment in the mail each week and I'll hold their spots for you for the summer. It's a win-win! You still get to keep your spot and the kids get to sleep! I'm nothing if not accommodating!"
This is exactly what I would offer.
BumbleBee 02:01 PM 06-22-2018
So I gave up on trying to convince parents an earlier bedtime was needed. But I did change our daily schedule

The kids are now going down for nap earlier and for any kid over the age of 3 they are woken up after 2 hrs of sleep. Obviously special circumstances are different.

So no more awful mornings for us, no more 3+ hour naps for 3 and 4 year olds, no more vicious cycle of sleep related behavior.

What we're dealing with now is parents crabbing at us because their kids are "awful in the evenings!" And they're having to "put them to bed ridiculously early, like 8 o'clock!"

so that's the update from here!
Josiegirl 03:28 AM 06-23-2018
Originally Posted by happymom:
It is so hard when the sun isn't going down until 9:30/10pm in some parts of the country!
While I love that it's light so late, I fall asleep while it's still light out, wake up at 4:30 and it's light out. It doesn't feel natural. But not being a child, it's so much easier to fool my body rhythm and actually WANT to sleep.
Originally Posted by Leigh:
This is exactly what I would offer.
I love that!!! Yep, just send the check.
Tags:cranky
Reply Up