Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Hi! Is This Unreasonable?
DaycareMom 10:11 AM 11-15-2011
Hello All,

This is my first post!
I have been doing daycare out of my home for about 2 1/2 years. Some days I love it and other days I hate it ... lol! I have been searching through the forum for awhile now and so glad i found it!

Now for my question ....

I care for twin boys 5 days/week for $60/day = $300/Week. Their family is moving and asked if I could watch the twins while they are moving on Saturday. She said, "Hey how would you like to make an extra $60 on saturday?" I told her I would do it for $75 extra. I thought that was a pretty good deal since I it is a weekend and her children are already here for 50 hours/week. She was really upset and she declined.

Was it so unreasonable for me to ask for a little extra?
daycare 10:16 AM 11-15-2011
Nope, I don't think it was unreasonable. You set your price, they didn't like it so they declined. No big deal.

I would charge more for weekends. I think that because you threw the offer out there first, she figured that you had nothing going on, so offering less would be no big deal.
kendallina 10:55 AM 11-15-2011
I agree with daycare...I'd charge more for weekends as well.
DaycareMama 11:03 AM 11-15-2011
I would have charged extra also
Michael 01:17 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by MissChristie:
Hello All,

This is my first post!
I have been doing daycare out of my home for about 2 1/2 years. Some days I love it and other days I hate it ... lol! I have been searching through the forum for awhile now and so glad i found it!
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
nannyde 04:32 AM 11-16-2011
It's okay for her to be upset. She wanted you to say yes and you said yes but it's going to be at my price. Your price was more than she wanted to pay.

Be careful now of her coming back to accept your offer. You could end up where she pays you 75 but extends the hours beyond what you agreed to. Moving always goes slower than you plan so you could end up with her kids for a couple of hours MORE than you agreed to and just an apology for it. I would do a phone call about an hour before they were due reminding them that they need to be there.

You may want to keep the kids car seats at your house so you can take them back to them if they try it. If you call them and don't get an answer near pick up time you are going to have a good idea that they are going to dodge your calls.

If there move is somewhere where they will still be bringing your kids they will most likely be somewhat on time. If they are getting out of dodge and ending their daycare relationship you have a VERY VERY high chance you will get the kids way longer than your 75 covers.

Proceed with caution
Tags:weekend - rates
Reply Up