Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Die Cuts
Ariana 06:49 PM 01-31-2018
This might make me sound like a moron but...What do you all do with die cuts? They seem pretty popular with most other providers but I don’t understand what they are for! Do you just glue them on paper? I have recently come into a huge windfall of die cuts of all shapes and sizes.

Ideas please
AmyKidsCo 07:47 PM 01-31-2018
- Themed collages (apples, hearts, etc)
- Matching: by shape, color, letters or number to dots (2 = oo)
- Seriation (big - small) with different sizes of the same shape
- Tracing
- Tape to paper, paint over whole paper, remove die cut
- Puppet: decorate, tape to popsicle stick
- Stained glass: stick to contact paper, cover with another piece sticky sides together, hang in window
- One to one correspondence: draw squares on paper, glue 1 die cut in each square
- Large motor: Tape to floor, children jump (hop, crawl, etc) from one to another
Ariana 05:19 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
- Themed collages (apples, hearts, etc)
- Matching: by shape, color, letters or number to dots (2 = oo)
- Seriation (big - small) with different sizes of the same shape
- Tracing
- Tape to paper, paint over whole paper, remove die cut
- Puppet: decorate, tape to popsicle stick
- Stained glass: stick to contact paper, cover with another piece sticky sides together, hang in window
- One to one correspondence: draw squares on paper, glue 1 die cut in each square
- Large motor: Tape to floor, children jump (hop, crawl, etc) from one to another
Thank you!!
Blackcat31 05:57 AM 02-01-2018
Yes to what Amy's Kids said!

I use my Cricket and make die cuts!
We use them for all sorts of things.

We make stickers out of them and have made magnets out of them as well. '

Just supply them for the kids during art/craft time and their imagination will take over....kids are great at utilizing these types of things.
Mom2Two 10:45 AM 02-01-2018
Yes, I have a Silhouette and our Resource office has an Accucut, but the Accucut ones are large.

I use them for themed collage also, with glue sticks or elmer's glue + paint brushes.

For pre-K you can print a child's name one letter per shape and help the child glue them in order, or put stick-on felt on the back and use them on a flannel board. I really like using felt for letters, because the child can rearrange the letters if they get them in the wrong order, whereas glue is permanant.

Another one is in card making, which is good for almost any holiday.

The large shapes make good gift tags for Christmas if the theme works.
Ariana 11:12 AM 02-01-2018
Love these ideas! I am taking them out this afternoon. I have some dogs and doghouses I think the kids will like!

I have used diecuts for special day cards for parents but outside of that I went blank.

Do you guys use them as a birthday board as well? Was thinking of using stars to put names and birthdays on.
Tags:die cuts
Reply Up