Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Question
SimpleMom 07:44 AM 12-04-2011
Hi. I have had my dc in the basement--very large space, but no doors to the bedroom area. I've recently switched to keeping the cribs in the upstairs bedrooms since the littles were having a tough time sleeping or falling/staying asleep and were then not getting their much needed rest.

Wondering if anyone has cribs in the same room or in the dc area and how that works for them? I just couldn't get it to work for over 2 years and finally went to this. I liked having my family space though! So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has some ideas on what has worked for them when all kiddos sleep in the same area with the infants.
greenhouse 08:52 AM 12-04-2011
Different rooms for my 2- and not in the daycare area. I have a new baby starting in a couple months and things might have to change. I've given up on getting everyone to sleep at the same time- so I'll probably use the nursery for 2 of the little ones. We plan on putting in a third bedroom soon.
cheerfuldom 09:58 AM 12-04-2011
I separate everyone if at all possible, including my own kids. I know a few providers that do really well with all the kids together but that is usually with everyone being over 1 year old. I can put some of my older kids together if needed.
Michelle 10:14 AM 12-04-2011
I sleep them all in the living room but I turn into a very stern person that just says "lay down "while pointing at their cots. The less talk is better, we use sleepy time music and they are usually out in 20 minutes.

I always feel guilty and I feel mean but I know they need the nap and I need them to nap!
They even ask me if they can get up when they wake up.
I wish I had bedrooms to put them in.
Crazy8 11:43 AM 12-04-2011
mine are in the upstairs bedrooms when they are young and not napping on the schedule of the bigger kids. Once they transition to that one nap I will bring them to the playroom in their pack n' play for a week or two and then they transition to a mat like the bigger kids.
SimpleMom 11:51 AM 12-05-2011
Thanks Gals~ l think I will keep them in the seperate bedrooms until they are 2 and then bring them downstairs with the rest. It just works best and I guess I will have to endure the cribs in the bedrooms
bice99 12:59 PM 12-05-2011
I used PNP's in our 4 bedrooms. One has transitioned to a mat, so she's in my 6 y/o DD's room. I take them down and set them up everyday. For the youngest (that doesn't need to be in the same room as me anymore) I have a Gracolite - a smaller PNP that I leave set up in my room against the wall. She's here everyday as well. All parents provide their own PNP that stays here.
Tags:basement, naptime issues
Reply Up